Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size props for KG4H and KG7H on a hydro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size props for KG4H and KG7H on a hydro?

Picked up some vintage motors... what would I put on these?
    What size 2 blades did they use back in the day?
    Anything in todays prop boxes work?
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
    Picked up some vintage motors... what would I put on these?
    What size 2 blades did they use back in the day?
    Anything in todays prop boxes work?
    KG-4...6” Diameter X 9” Pitch...........KG7, somewhat larger but not much...2 blades of course, assuming you want to stay original.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I agree with Dean on the prop size for the KG4 and I further think that a KAMIC 23636 would work well on the KG7. Good luck getting the KAMIC.

Comment

David or Alan would have something in a 2 blade 1:1 just call and ask:

http://store.aeroliner-boats.com/epa...New%20Parts%22
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Thanks for the info/leads people. That should get me started.
          Fralick Racing
          Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

• bh/
            bh/ commented
            Editing a comment
            A; I have an A Kaminc and a few OJs and a Cary ?, in my old prop box [x/Noonan) that if I recall came from McManus; "best I ever ran" he said. If u or your dad are coming to Tweed on the 29th i will bring them there .

• rumleyfips
            rumleyfips commented
            Editing a comment
            That is probably an A alky Record 6x9 from John Hannon's Anzani. I changed the pitch myself. Good prop.

Outboard Paradise had a bunch of 60's/70's props on ebay ( Blackberry bay ) at $50 @ not to long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            I agree with Dean on the prop size for the KG4 and I further think that a KAMIC 23636 would work well on the KG7. Good luck getting the KAMIC.
            Amazing that you mentioned the Kamic 48-23636.... Those were the ‘Blanks’ that R. Allen ‘Papa’ Smith used to make all my A Stock Hydro record propellers. They had lower pitch at the hub.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Graham
              Graham commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, Allen Smith really knew his stuff when it came to props. He did all of ours. He did the BSH prop for the Champ Hot Rod I ran in 1962 against the merc 20h conversion (his note to my Father read "see if this don't run like a scared rabbit"). It did and I won 10 out of 14 BSH races that year. the 23636 was the prop for the unconverted merc 20h with 1 1 gears for short to medium courses. Brings back some good memories.

I got an ASR prop from him in the &0's. He said he had some 48-23636 blanks cast in Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by rumleyfips View Post
              I got an ASR prop from him in the &0's. He said he had some 48-23636 blanks cast in Korea.
              That is cool... Papa Smith was a genius propeller builder...I can’t imagine how many of his propellers won National Championships and World Records including regional races for lots of us boat racers.

He was also a very fine gentleman. I was privileged to meet him in person several times.

His address was....6329 Thornhill Avenue, Shreveport Louisiana ​​​71106........ How’s that for a memory!!!
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
              X