• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go fast, and turn left.
    Dale Powell Jr.
    Palmer, Alaska

Comment

a race lasts 3 laps but the friendships made last a life time.

frank novotny
      52-E

Comment

If you see a fork in the river, take it.

Comment

Talking about the inside of a boat race trailer...."This box contains a disease for which there is no cure".... Not sure who said it,, but sure is true...

Comment

A blind man would love to see it!

Comment

If you have a $5.00 head buy a $5.00 helmet. Mike Lundy Canada

Comment

“If in the process of winning you have lost the respect of your peers- you have won nothing.”
                Kegs

Comment

"I charge $100 per mile per hour."

Tom Barrett, Region 4 DSH Champion
                  Stock Outboard Driver & Performance Enhancing Entrepreneur Partnered with Alky Legend Bob Thornton
                  Quoted Circa 1975

The fact that he had a beer in his hand at the time, and it may not have been his first, should have made me suspicious. But as a teenager back then, I believed him... and I tried, unsuccessfully, to hire him the next day at his stated price.
                  @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                  72@E
                  Former Boat Racer
                  21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                  20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

I would have gladly paid $500.00 to gain 5 miles per hour!!! I have spent a lot more than that and not gain anything.lol

Comment

When you feel hot water, that's the time to back off a little............Quote by Wild Bill Holloway

Comment

When I was a kid Jeff Kelly had this CMH lay down with a smokin' hot poster of Shania Twain under his padding (I think some sort of plastic to cover it as well). He pulls up the padding shows it to a group of us and says, "she's getting wet more ways than one today." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I was dying with the group, but I didn't know what it really meant until years later.
                        Kyle Bahl
                        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

I have mentioned this quote, circa 1974, before on hydroracer.net from alky legend Bob Thornton after which Matt D'Agostino chimed in because he was there.

Emerging from the water after driving into a piling outside of the race course, Bob Thornton said:

"He shouldn't oughtta done that to me!"

Not only did Bob seem oblivious to the fact that he escaped death after driving his boat into a stationary piling, the "offending" driver simply passed Bob quickly on the inside, leaving Bob in his wake, blinded from the spray.

Ironically, the destruction of his old boat ultimately led Bob to his purchase of a brand new Bezoats hydro, perhaps his first new boat purchase in a decade or so, after which Bob seemed to always place higher at the finish line.

Special note to Kirby Thornton, Bob's son, - do you ever read posts here?
                          Last edited by Mark 72@E; 06-28-2020, 06:09 AM.
                          @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                          72@E
                          Former Boat Racer
                          21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                          20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Monkey See, Monkey Don’t.
                            http://vitalire.com/

Comment

All my boats come with the South Georgia gurarantee. If it breaks in half you still own both pieces. Leigh Furnal.

Comment

How about: "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story." -Ron Hill
                                Fred Hauenstein

Comment

Working...
                                X