Jeff Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Williams

It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of Jeff Williams. Three Rivers Outboard Racing Association and all of APBA have truly lost a great gentleman and ambassador for our sport.
    Jeff and his family entered our racing community in the early 80's and quickly became a lynch pin of our club. From duties as Inspector, Race Director, Governor, Commodore and Vice Commodore, Jeff gave way more to the sport than he ever took.
    RIP 5-P.
    We wish his family peace this difficult time.

What a loss to not only the racing community, but a loss of a true gentleman and kind person. My condolences to his family. Racing will not be the same without him.
    11P Joe Sees III

Comment

Heartfelt condolences to Mary and Brian. Jeff was a great gentleman and a fierce competitor. We battled many times in BMod Runabout. As a Race Director and inspector he was always fair and impartial. He was gracious and generous, unselfishly helping every racer that needed his expertise or just a tool. He was a great friend and I’ll miss him. Farewell, Jeff

Comment

Very sad to hear this news. Jeff was a kind and giving gentleman. Our racing community has lost a great friend. Condolences to the Williams family from all of the Runne family. Jeff will surely be missed. Race in peace, Jeff, and thank you for all you have done for all of us.

Comment

So sorry to hear about Jeff. He was always approachable and a trusted source for anything related to boat racing. He set a very high standard of fairness and impartiality that all boat racers should aspire to reach. Jeff was just a class act. Sincere condolences to the Williams family. RIP 5-P

Comment

I am truly heart broke. Jeff not only fought the fight but lead the fight. He was a true hero.

Mary, there are no words.

Jeff would have his inspectors talk before all the big races. " We are here to confirm your wins! "

Thankfully he confirmed a couple of my big wins. Jeff was a super nice, sarcastic , big lovable man.

I am truly heartbroken.

So sorry.

Tim
            Tim Weber

Comment

Without Jeff there’s going to be a big empty spot in the pits Miss you Jeff Love to you Mary Chris and Brian

Comment

Our first race ever was Lock Haven. The only equipment we owned was Chloe's helmet and life jacket, everything else was borrowed. With a lot of help we managed to get a boat rigged, ready to race. Then I was told that the rig had to be inspected. "Go find the Inspector,Jeff ", they said,and off I went thru the pits.
                I found Jeff, he inspected the boat, only to find that the pickle forks were not legal, the boat had not been raced in a few years, the pickle forks never altered. He told me we could race that day, but tomorrow morning bring the boat back to him for another inspection. Being only an hour away from LH, the next day I brought a coping saw, sandpaper, and white house paint to fix the pickle forks. I took the rig back to him,he looked at what I had done, smiled, and said, "That will do just fine", he put a sticker on the dash, and off we went racing.
                Like everyone else, I miss him already, RIP 5P
                Joe

Comment

Although a relatively brief few years, I had the privilege and the pleasure to know Jeff. As all have said, a true gentlemen and an uncommon sense of wit and wisdom. Ever now and then we cross paths with those who stand above all others and Jeff was truly a shining star. My heartfelt condolences to Mary, Brian, Chris, and the entire Williams family.

Rest in peace Mr. Williams and Godspeed. (I always greeted him at the first race of the year as "Mr. Williams" and he would chide me for calling him that, and so, with the greatest of respect, I say it one last time.)
                  Dane Lance
                  700-P
                  CSH/500Mod

Comment

Being from the west coast, our paths did not cross all that often. But I can say, while I did not always agree with Jeff politics wise, he always had a kind word for me in the end. You will be missed Jeff

Comment

Dammit...always loved seeing Jeff...what a smile! One of the good ones...
                      Ryan Runne
                      9-H
                      Wacusee Speedboats
                      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

We heard the very sad and sobering news about Jeff while we were attending the NBRA race in Oklahoma. Mary, Brian, no words can adequately express my thoughts about Jeff, but I would like to let you both know that we had a moment of silence for Jeff prior to Sundays race.Godspeed !

Comment

My condolences...................i have known Jeff since i was a kid! What a nice and kind guy! We will miss him................Matt.

Comment

very sorry and sad to learn of jeffs passing. hard to believe i had known him for almost 40 years. one of our early meetings was in the first turn when he spun out and we collided. took the front of my bezoats out but neither of us were hurt so just part of racing. he and the family were such good friends. need help- jeff was there. he was as hard worker and contributed so much to our sport of boats racing over so many years. their sons and the brewster boys and joey silvestri and my three would get togetheratthe races and play with their push boasts. jeff will be missed. jim mcdonough told me years ago that he believed there would be boat racing in heaven so jeff we will meet again in the first turn. my deepest thoughts and prayers to the family.
                            your friend john maddrell

Comment

It is with great sadness that I offer our condolences to Mary,Brian and Chris we had so many great times with Jeff over the years and so many great memories we will miss him huge!!! What a great person and ambassador for boat racing RIP 5-p we will never forget you.

Ross Webster 12-ce
                              Last edited by raw; 06-23-2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X