Thunder on Wolf Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder on Wolf Creek

David Kane's Thunder on Wolf Creek will be part of a bigger festival called Toes in the Grand. This race will be first since the shut down due to the Virus. June 12-14 This our 8 consecutive race at Wolf Creek Park(16th st. And byway 59). This facility has parking for 800 trailers, a 2.2 million fishing facility built for 2 Bass Master Classics. Our sponsors are the David Kane family who has provided the $3000 tow money. We also have the Mark Monkres family and our own OBRA member Melissa Backward who will give $1,000 to several C Hydro drivers. Other cash prizes to biggest classes except C stock that already has cash awards. We will combine or add to classes if you come and participate. Step ups are encouraged as well as social distancing. We have plenty of shore line to make that happen. We plan to run a NBRA race if it is approved, if that is not possible then the race will go on with insurance from another source.
    The festival has a number of bands, food trucks and antique car show. Our motel is Days Inn (19187869799)in Grove ok. Len Miller 19187911733
    Last edited by Hydro doc; 05-11-2020, 01:39 PM.

We hope all those guys and Gals that love to race come to Grove Oklahoma. Rick and Braxton Miller have supported races all over the country. Come here to compete and enjoy the Music from Branson, mo.

Comment

Doc I hope you can get it done. I have spoken to all of my fellow NBRA commissioners and they are all in favor of racing this season if it can be done safely. I would suggest that you contact NBRA Prez. and have him poll the Commision. It is the Commission that has to make this decision. If I can be of help please feel free to contact me.

Comment

• Hydro doc
        Hydro doc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Art, we would love to have you and your big runabout, oh Penny too. I have inquiries from a few out side NBRA runabout drivers. We hope people are ready to get outside. I do think we have to be smart how we approach this. The referee will need to lay down rules that we can live with.

Mark and I plan on attending this race, looking forward to it. 500R, CSH

Comment

As a special event we will have the antique classes run. So if you have PR , then come and race with us.

Comment

• dwhitford
          dwhitford commented
          Editing a comment
          Will the Antique C-Service Runabouts be on the schedule?

We plan a J hydro and runabout race and AX will run with Novice class. All boats will run somewhere. Inspection too. Our biggest two classes will have cash prizes. Antiques classes .See Lendonwood Gardens just a mile from race site, built by Len and DONNA Miller.

Comment

We will run all four races of antiques SR one day and PR one day or what ever Jack Campbell says.

Comment

We are moving toward have a race sanction by NBRA. A full membership is $110 and a weekend membership of $55. We will run NBRA rules. There is a $15 day (NBRA) fee and a $25 entry fee per class. We are planning to give $5,000 away to those that travel to Grove, oklahoma.

Comment

You like fiddle music then Grove is the place for you. During testing on Friday, there will be a fiddle contest($1,000 for first place). Friday evening will be a free concert by Jae Ja, former Hew Haw member. All concerts are free. Food trucks will be available. Music Saturday will be bands from Branson, Mo. and firework show at 9pm. It's a NBRA race with these fees. Full membership is $110, weekend membership is $55. OBRA club membership is free. First class is $40, second class is $25, third class is free. K and K insurance includes a supplement $5,000. Medical. Testing only after registering and payment of all fees which includes signing of waiver. Testing starts at Friday at 12 noon. Closed exhaust testing only between 2 and 3pm. You will be parked by the Pit master. All trailers will be lined up to allow fire lanes for egress of emergency vehicles. Safety is paramount with 2 rescue lift boats with firemen(EMT) manning the boats during testing and racing. Testing Saturday morning 9 till 11. Racing starts at noon. For more information call me. Doc Miller 19187911733, ps bring your own hand sanitizer.

Comment

You are a PROMOTER!!! Wish I could be there to Flag for you!! Davey Viola.

Comment

Just a reminder Doc Some of us need to pit next to each other Richard Baze is driving for me, and need I to be next to Kirkendoll to assist him.At least 3or 4 trailers that need to be pitted next to each other.

Comment

Can do Art. Is there others who need to be with another team?

Comment

C Stock runabout will run. Course is .6 of a mile so get a good start

Comment

Just got approve from the city council, so the Grove race is on. Smell the fuel.

Comment

Just to let you know this is going to be my last season after a career that started in 1959. So everything I have is going to be for sale at the end of whatever kind of season we have. It will all be at this race for your viewing. Includes 2 750- E Mercs & 1 Tohatsu D engimes 1 Kidwell Run. latest style. Enclosed trailer can haul 2 boats the way it is setup now and 3 large engines numerous props. Everthiing you need to win races. No junk! Also bringing a couple big crates of parts etc that you can buy at the race site. This stuff can win you a championship in the right hands. 314 960 9875

Comment

Working...
                          X