Hard times at APBA headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard times at APBA headquarters

Last year I made the trip to Wilson NC. Over 400mi one way.
    Since there were no other 300ssh boats, they put me in 500 mod hydro.
    I drove around in heat one (Saturday) in last place, scratched heat two and left first thing Sunday morning & headed home.
    I did not think one more thing about it until today when APBA called to inform me that since I ran one heat last year in mod, I owe an additional $35 (on top of the $195 I already sent).
    I was told if I don't pay this $35, they will not renew my membership.
    I only run 300. I have no interest in mod whatsoever.
    George Bressler
    522-P
    Last edited by squirrelboydeluxe; 02-27-2020, 06:40 PM.

i did'nt think what you ran last year has anything to do with what you want to run this year in regards to categories! There must be a communication issue!

Comment

George,
      It has been this way ever since APBA developed multiple categories. Several things should have occurred, 1 when you found out there were no 300's you had the choice to not run or be placed in another class, when that was offered you agreed. Once that happened the scorers should have had you fill out another entry blank for the class you were going to race with, and since that was a different category they should have verified your membership status on your card, even if that was not done it is incumbent upon us the drivers to know I'm not a member of that so I will have to pay a crossover fee. Paperwork should have been done and money collected there on the spot. Unfortunately this happens a lot and then APBA ends up having to send a bill out to the member and yes it holds up the renewal if that bill is not paid.

It is obviously your choice on the direction you go from here but do not blame APBA for this it was not the mistake of the office and you should not be taking it out on them, they are paid to do a job and follow the rules, that is what they are doing.
      444-B now 4-F
      Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Thank you for that explanation Howie. I paid my entry fee and I thought that was that.
        ​​​​​​My apologies to the APBA

Comment

No worries George. Glad to have explained it better. Hope all is well and good luck this year.
          444-B now 4-F
          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I know they mean well, but not always is it clear. years past i ran SO only ASH. I had registered a race as ASH. there were 3 ASH and 3 AXH and we ran combined. I was in a loaner rig and just putting a boat on the water and having some fun.
            Came home and a month later got the same bill for the cross over to Jr. I didn't even know i was run as a JR as we were combined classes.
            At this time i was not informed if i didn't pay i couldn't be renewed, but was something i called the office on and was dropped at that point.
            ----
            Graham18ce
            Team Canada ThunderCat
            Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
            Twitter @FralickRacing
            Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Sorry's said
              Sorry's accepted
              Bless your heart Linda
              My fault- I'm an idiot. Which I'm okay with...
              just costs me more $$$ that way

Sorry again for all the fuss & see you all at Wilson...
              I heard they have nite races there???
              George & Moxie
              522-P

Comment

Or, you can drive the same 400 miles to Kingston, NH in September and run in a 8-10 boat field .....

Comment

Working...
              X