Gary Romberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Romberg

Dad passed away peacefully this morning around 10:00 am. He had been in and out of the hospital for the past few weeks battling a reaction to the cancer treatment that he was under. Even with that it was quite a surprise. While we are still making plans for a memorial, some info is available on Cavin-Cook.com. Thanks for all the considerate emails.

We will miss him.

Kurt

To all those that have posted, send emails or texted, the entire Romberg family is grateful. I know Mom in particular enjoys reading them. As a note, many of the people close to us, helping on a daily basis, are overwhelmed with how much love and support comes from the boat racing family. Thanks again. See you in Seattle.

The graveside service in Buckley (Buckley is about 35 miles SE of Seattle) has been scheduled for 2:00 pm on Monday 1/27 in the City of Buckley Cemetery off highway 410. You can find this on Google maps. Following the service there will be a Celebration of Life at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Lodge in Buckley off of highway 410, south and west of the cemetery and will have food, drinks and stories about Dad. All boat racers are welcome. Mom, Val (my older brother) and myself will be at the APBA banquet on Saturday night.

Thanks for all the wonderful messages that we have gotten from the boat racing community. Mom enjoys reading them.
    Last edited by RFR_Aero; 01-17-2020, 06:58 AM.

Kurt so sorry. Gary was one good friend. Had a lot of good times with him and Miller. Will miss both of them. Leigh

Comment

Sorry to hear this Kurt. Gary was part of the Michigan crew that helped me get started in racing 45 years ago.
      Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I did enjoy seeing him at the races, and hearing what he was doing.

Comment

Kurt,
          My condolences to you and your family. Your dad was always a calming presence at the races and true gentleman.

Comment

• foreveryoung
            foreveryoung commented
            Editing a comment
            Also condolences from Carl & I. Gary was a great favorite of mine, rest in peace.

Our condolences Kurt and family...................i have known Gary since the 70's.................. a great man.

Comment

Kurt,
            We are sorry to hear this. Gary was a bright spot in our lives around boat racing (and the inevitable politics). He always presented a gentlemanly manner and approached things with intelligence, thoughtfulness and care. He will be greatly missed.
            The Hauenstein family sends our deepest condolences on your loss, a loss to all of us.
            Fred
            Fred Hauenstein

Comment

Info on the services in NC are below, any and all boat racers are welcome.

The service here in NC will be at the Center Presbyterian Church, 129 Center Church Road, Mooresville, NC 28117
              Visitation from 2:00 – 3:00, service from 3:00 – 4:00 and a wake from 4:00 – 8:00.
              The wake will include a buffet dinner and fellowship and will be held at “Circa 1873 at On the Nines Bistro” located at the New Mooresville Golf Club, about 6 miles from the church.
              Links to both the church and the Wake venue are listed below.
              In lieu of flowers please send donations to Center Church Landscaping Fund.

http://www.centerchurch.org/
              https://ontheninesbistro.com/

Most may not realize that both Dad and Mom were raised about 35 mile southeast of Seattle and we have many family members in the area. Both of my brothers and I were all born in Seattle.
              Dad will be buried in a cemetery in Buckley WA where he and Mom grew up. That ceremony will be on 1/27, Monday following the national meeting. We are still working on the details of that service but everyone/anyone from the boat racing family is welcome. Details will be posted as they become available.

The graveside service in Buckley (Buckley is about 35 miles SE of Seattle) has been scheduled for 2:00 pm on Monday 1/27 in the City of Buckley Cemetery off highway 410. You can find this on Google maps. Following the service there will be a Celebration of Life at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Lodge in Buckley off of highway 410, south and west of the cemetery and will have food, drinks and stories about Dad. All boat racers are welcome. Mom, Val (my older brother) and myself will be at the APBA banquet on Saturday night.

Thanks for all the wonderful messages that we have gotten from the boat racing community. Mom enjoys reading them.

Last edited by RFR_Aero; 01-16-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Gary Romberg - He and Don Sr were good friends over the years and spent many hours together. They were fixtures on the judges stand for many years in region 6 and at National Events. I learned the right way to do many things from those two on the judges stand. (They were both much more calmer about things then I am though) Other than the time I was told to get off the judges stand (I may have arguing about a call or something)

Many of you don’t know this but Kurt and I grew up racing together and Kurt was in my & Krysti’s wedding. We were real close to the entire Romberg family while we lived in Michigan. Spent many days, nights and wee hours of the morning at their home. I can still remember Gary sitting us down in their living room and giving us a stern talking too a few times, and we definitely deserved it.
                Gary was one of the smartest guys I had ever met and it was a pleasure to hear his stories and talk to him.

He will be missed by everyone that knew him.

To Gary’s entire family, I am truly sorry for your loss.
                Last edited by Big Don; 01-16-2020, 04:03 PM.
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Kurt sorry to hear this. Your father was one of the good people in boat racing.

Comment

Kurt,
                    Deepest condolences to your family. Gary was truly a gentleman racer and will be missed. It was great to see him this summer and spend a few minutes talking.

Brian
                    Brian 10s

Comment

Kurt, I'm very sad for your lose, or I should say all of our lose in the sport. One thing for sure, Gary will have the best seat in the house watching over You and Noah at the races.

Larry

Comment

Our deepest condolences to your family. We have so many fond memories of times spent with Gary. Our visits in Inspection while he and I watched you and Jeff work were very special times. And Jeff will miss his times talking areo and Nascar with "Captain Aero". He always had a story and a laugh to share. One of the true ambassadors of our sport and he will definitely be missed.

Jeff and Mary
                        Jeff
                        5-P

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X