No announcement yet.

Motor advise for a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom had Jim Sobel bring it up north to me in late March. I got it all set up on the boat and ready to go and had a few road blocks. My wife had 2 cancer surgeries in the last 8 months at the age of 41 years young, one being in July which held up a lot of progress in any area of my life. Plus the ODNR was closed up here for quit a while for things like hull number inspections. The motor is beautiful and starts on one easy pull. Couldn’t be happier. I’ve since picked up a 1952 kg4 with H tower and gear foot to restore. I would post pictures of my end result but never have luck trying to upload anything.
    Last edited by Special K; 10-28-2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that about you young wife, I wish her the best for a clean prognosis.
      Great to hear you got your Y80 and it starts easy. Do you know if it has a shaped gear case by Tom ? He is expert at that.

You may have done this? For pics upload if you have them on your hard drive then just go to Upload Attachments at lower left. It allows you to search your hard drive where you stored the pics. Then just left click on 1 at a time on the pic file and left click open button. JEPGS should be the pic file.
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

I don’t know what a shaped gear case really means. It has a 9/16 prop shaft that’s all I know.

Comment

I rebuild the unit inside,bearings,seal and reshimed to specs.Reshaped the outside front to back to specs and buffed.
          Don't need anything more to it.
          Tom

Comment

No better answer than from Tom Cronk himself.

Comment

Is this the original website for Honda -> <a href="https://www.honda.com/">click here</a>

Comment

Working...
              X