X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C. Mulford Scull ( boat racer ) Ventnor, NJ

While doing a recent search, I came across this article -

http://www.lesliefield.com/personali...ford_scull.htm

from which I think a Memorial Outboard Regatta, may've been named in his honor in the late 1960s ?
    I've 2 old Black and White photos which I'll post subsequently, if anyone ( a Historian ? ) can help fill in my "blanks" / oldies-and-but-goodies Memories ??

'Gave it further thought this AM , as I was crawling out from underneath my old '48 Ford ( green) pick up , I hit my head near the differential... getting ready for another round of 1/8 mile drag racing as seen here https://radphotography.smugmug.com/N...fing/n-BCVdhg/ ... to be continued ... thanks for hanging around---

Comment

Some will wonder where I'm going with the above slide-show ( click the arrow ) , but the same motorplex; Englishtown Raceway Park, home of NHRA's Summer Nationals also has a lake, It can be seen by aerial viewing which the veritable Craig Bowman among others , in the DVORA and EMDA thought could be used for an APBA sanctioned outboard boat race...since competing slalom water skiers , towed by inboards were already taking place .
      *1965 was the 1st year that "E-town" became a certified by NHRA as a legitimate 1/4 mile drag strip... stay tuned , as I peck this I'm wearing a Lou Letwenski ( No Smoke Racing ) Tee shirt which he gave me quite some time ago... I've got the old B&W photos lying on my desk and the Mulford Scull Memorial Regatta was an event lasting for a weekend and the driver accumulating the most points in one class in either hydroplane or runabout would be the recipient of The prestigious Mulford Cup... I believe it was not the 43-J, or a youngster known as "Worm" just starting to race in ASR stepping up from "JU" in the 50-J ... rather it was a " wiley" veteran, The "Senior" Herb Lanphear who scored the most total points in ASH ... I could be wrong on All the above, This much I do know it DEFINITELY was not the # 76-J ! Hopefully my flatbed scanner will sooner , rather than later, allow me to post "jpgs" of this long ago , late 1960's saltwater folly !

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X