MERC 20H FUEL PUMP BASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MERC 20H FUEL PUMP BASE

Some time ago, I received a lot of good help in getting a new (to me) 20H up and running. Based on that help, it is up and running, mostly. I have installed the Tillotson carb and am running fuel from a tank hung off the back. I get good performance on a run and then it dies after starting a second run. Ignition is hot, can get spark by spinning the flywheel by hand. New crankshaft seals installed. The issue seems to be carbueration. (sp) In examining the fuel pump base plate with extra bases I have, I have found three different bases. The one base (part# 23008) has the top port sealed. One (part # 29044) does not. A third (part# 23008) does not. All the other fuel pump parts appear to be the same. Would appreciate some advice. Thank you all in advance. Jack Deck 100S

Either the one port or the two port will work. The two port ones will pump better as a single pump on a 2 carb 4 cyl motor but a single hole is adequate on a twin cyl motor. If it looks like you have flooding problems you should stick with a single hole one. But there are also different size float inlet needle types and sizes if you get really into the older Merc carbs.

Comment

• jackbquick
      jackbquick commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger that. Thanks for the intel. Jack Deck 100S
Working...
X