No announcement yet.

Whitney Point Divisionals 6/3-4/2017 Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dana, we tried last year. We tried to put a 25 entry minimum in... to be eligible for the HOC. It failed miserably.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me that with racing still on its slow death spiral, the foolish things that people continue to focus on. What's the difference whether there are 8 spots or 12 spots at nationals. If you can't make the 8 spots, I am sure you will be national champion if you get in as the #12 qualifier. This is simply a personal opinion/agenda item. Some people have different opinions. Either way, it will not help save racing, so why bother pushing the personal agenda. The only thing that should matter is what will rejuvinate racing. I gave up a long time ago because of all the petty stuff. Some people need to look in a mirror to see what contributes to the demise of the sport.

Bill Rosado

Comment

• adamallen
        adamallen commented
        Editing a comment
        There are plenty of things I've done and continue to do as a member of this organization to promote racing. And yes with that may come an opinion that I think is important. That's why HR is here.

If you read my post you would understand my thought on the difference between 8 or 12 spots at the nationals. And yes if you're the #12 qualifier you have a shot at winning the Nats. Actually the #13 qualifier won BSR last year.

I'm sorry to here that you have given up on rejuvenating boat racing.

• modracer7b
        modracer7b commented
        Editing a comment
        Adam, I did read your post and think your opinion was 99% wrong. What I gave up on was living with the pettiness of the people pushing agendas instead of doing what's best for boat racing. You people are always asking why people quit boat racing, but always dispute anyone that tells you something that you all don.t want to hear. I never gave up on trying to rejuvinate the sport. If I had, I would not have commented here. With that said, I will go back into my hole now and leave the legislating to the privledged and elite. Good Luck.

Bill Rosado

• Big Don
        Big Don commented
        Editing a comment
        That is what is great about living in America, we can all have a difference of opinions.

Bill I'm not sure who or what your look in the mirror comment is meant for but if it was me. Please explain.

Just because someone suggest something does not make it foolish. I personally have never like the divisional winner.

We (our family) have qualified with it and have in those cases I still told people when we have won that I still don't like it. The great thing is if that is what the racers want, then that is great. Problem is, I'm not sure what the racers want anymore.

We certainly do have bigger issues. But that does not mean you sit back and do nothing. I just really question if there is more value on having it or not having it.

Originally posted by dholt View Post
      What you need to consider is what the entry totals for these Divisional races would be if they HAD NO impact on the Nationals. I can guarantee you the participation would be lower by a long shot. The real issue is lack of participants across the board. Should have 8 boats no problem but that's another issue. As for raising the minimum to 12...only division classes that may ever qualify is CSH and 20ssH in the West and Central. Otherwise...nothing. Would that 12 boat minimum keep more people from coming, knowing that they're class really has no shot at all of reaching that number? I believe so. And thus clubs lose $$$. Curious...is there a problem with the current system that needs fixed? Are not enough people qualifying at the Nationals because of Divisional qualifiers? Are not enough people going to the Nationals because of lack of qualifying spots?
      If we're worried about the National final being "watered down"...there are much bigger fish to fry. Like how some drivers are cake-walking their way into the HOC by winning high points and Nationals in classes with 10 or less boats. How about we talk about that?
      AGREE AGREE AGREE....................Let's not lower the bar at the Nationals! 12 boats should be required for HOC and National Championship titles! Local racing is a different story. We need to provide as many 'carrots' as we can to get boats on the water!

Comment

Great time less the wind and rain...E10. CSH
        Darren Ahearn
        240-344-1713

Comment

I thought so too Darren
          I thought the man that ran the driver's meeting Sat (Scott?) did a fantastic job with what mother nature handed him...
          I also had a ball in the patrol boat w/ Matt D- despite the pouring rain and a less than water tight boat (no drain plug)

Just a fantastic weekend. I actually passed two boats in my first heat(!)

Many thanks once again to the wonderful Sees Racing team 22-P for the excellent pit support, advice & encouragement
          The aforementioned first heat result was 100% influenced by Joe Sees' sound & proven advice
          Just passing one boat was enough to hook me for life

Thanks again to everyone...
          squirrelboy
          522-P

Comment

• canoecty
            canoecty commented
            Editing a comment
            That meeting was run by DVORA's Scott Glossner who has lots of experience with excellent calls under difficult conditions. Another fine job!
            Anyone remember the last race at Whitney Point? The FLOOD!

Dave Curtis

"..the last race at Whitney Point? The FLOOD!"

-an hour after a State Trooper ordered Gerald Pemberton and our camper out of there,
          the water was a foot over the bridge !

Brian Hendrick, #66 F
          "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

90F+ now, looking back to New York while unpacking from Milton’s Summer Kickoff...
            Last edited by Dust33; 06-14-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Per national weather service (Whitney Point Divisionals)
              Saturday sunny, but steady winds at 15mph gusting to 22 (peak near 30)…the right call was made to send out the sails.

MotorBoatBlowout.

Comment

Following Saturday's Wind, Race Committee optimistically forged ahead for an early start Sunday, despite foul forecast.
                And at 8am, the fog lifted and the Green flew!
                47F with rain to come.
                All classes got in, adjusting schedule on-the-fly…while ensuring none got left on beach.

Hats off to those who put this thing on,
                AND to the bluish-grey hypothermic stalwarts staffing patrol boats and roping motors.

Comment

Stick tap sent to ASR driver, all done and packed, who took a swim pulling in stalled ASH-her in time to make late-set heat.

Dry clothes now wet, It gets deep quick, he said!

THANK YOU NEW YORK!

Comment

Working...
                  X