d mod 750/850 runabout plans or info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d mod 750/850 runabout plans or info

I want to build a d modified, 750/850 runabout with my son, having a hard time finding any info .I made some calls and emails but nothing for d mod ,found d stock and down info .I would like to build a boat comparable to maybe desilva's 67 d mod he set the records with in pic's or a newer stile that works better ... any info or plans would be helpful thanks in advance

George Luce or Kelly Kidwell.

Comment

Those boat plans are not like what the picture are. They are newer style and quite a bit easier to build and significantly faster. There are boats older like the picture​ for sale, just have to look
      David Everhart S52
      Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

will gorge loose or kidwell sale plans ? if so, any one have there contact info. the pic was just a idea of class boat i wanted id rather have a newer more efficient boat. yes i could buy a older boat, but i want to build it with my boy teach him skills and have fun .

Comment

• kampenracing
          kampenracing commented
          Editing a comment
          Kelly Kidwell will sell you plans

• kampenracing
          kampenracing commented
          Editing a comment
          314-707-5432

Just reposted my luce dmod if interested
        David Everhart S52
        Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

yea i seen that, good looking boat. the boat is to short for the class its a 13.6 min length class

Comment

i haven't looked at the kilo and 1/4 records in long time, haven't seen where the new ones are .. have the d mod and up records got that much faster with the new style boats. the boat in the pic was fast if i remember correctly it was in the 90s and bumped little over 100 with diff motor . can't remember what class motor it was

Comment

• Fast Freddie
              Fast Freddie commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe the DeSilva was Richard Fuchslin's 14 foot 1100 Runabout (two-man) from the '60s and the record speeds he ran were with an 1100 cc 6-cylinder Merc on alcohol (+?). That boat would be way too big and heavy to be competitive in 750 or 850 Mod now. The 750/850 Mod runabout minimum length is 12 feet.

Originally posted by carolinashaker View Post
            i haven't looked at the kilo and 1/4 records in long time, haven't seen where the new ones are .. have the d mod and up records got that much faster with the new style boats. the boat in the pic was fast if i remember correctly it was in the 90s and bumped little over 100 with diff motor . can't remember what class motor it was
            Check the APBA web site... Search for Speed Records. D-Mod Runabout Kilo is 89 set in 1989..... and the 1/4 mile is 81.5 set in 2014. Try to get Derek Gessler's contact info... he builds a Krier design boat... He might sell you plans or a frame kit.

Put on a post "Contact info needed for George Luce, Kelly Kidwell or Derek Gesler".

It looks like someone has built a boat from Luce plans, so he does have plans apparently.

You will want the plans from the original designer.

Good luck on your project.
            Last edited by DeanFHobart; 04-13-2017, 03:57 AM.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by carolinashaker View Post
              I want to build a d modified, 750/850 runabout with my son, having a hard time finding any info .I made some calls and emails but nothing for d mod ,found d stock and down info .I would like to build a boat comparable to maybe desilva's 67 d mod he set the records with in pic's or a newer stile that works better ... any info or plans would be helpful thanks in advance
              I have a set of C-mod DeSilva runabout coaming and frame .pdf drawings at 1/5 scale. You will need to loft the drawings to LOA desired. You will also need to determine your own bill of materials since the drawings have no material reference. Drop me a PM.

Pat
              Last edited by pat; 04-13-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Fred is spot on with the flat deck boat being Fuchlnns 1100 runabout which is the one pictured. However the FER (850) record was set with their Desilva KR which Rich ran 500 with years ago. The FER runabout did run with a 6 mercury on gas which looks like the boat standing up. Derek and Mike both build boats and I too thought the length was 12'6
                Last edited by 1100-one; 04-13-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I let Derek Gesler know as we were chatting earlier. When he gets a chance he will log on here.

Comment

thanks every one, i was in a hurry when i posted that lol. I should have worded it a little better on what i was wanting . pic was just for attention not necessarily exactly what i was looking for. i said d mod and up because i could mod the plans to fit what i needed . the boat is only going to be a kilo-1/4 boat . just want stable strait line speed... motor will be kinda comparable maybe to a 850 vrp engine that i built from snowmobile cylinders and custom case. on the merc 6 that richered fuchlin set the records with was on alky is what i was thinking also , but it could have been gas not 100% on that

Comment

Yes Richards son Paul set the record at one time in mod. I ran with him for many years. He ran the flat deck and the KR. The kilo record at one time in mod was held by another friend Lloyd Mize

Comment

Working...
                      X