Ozark race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark race

I'm sorry to report the Ozark race has been canceled by the city council.

Originally posted by Hydro doc View Post
    I'm sorry to report the Ozark race has been canceled by the city council.
    What were the reasons? Sorry to hear races get cancelled.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Dean, I worked this site hard, but I had a mayor who told me he wanted it to happen but changed his mind after getting pressure from the fishermen.

Comment

Isnt that on Norfork Lake ? What a shame!!! Awfully big body of water for fisherman to complain about losing 3 days on such a small area .

Comment

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
          Isnt that on Norfork Lake ? What a shame!!! Awfully big body of water for fisherman to complain about losing 3 days on such a small area .
          Darn... Fisherman having a more voice than boat racers... I guess they have a bigger lobby.
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

It is a shame isn't it. A mayor that is willing to pass up on the possible revenue that the 3 days could bring to the local economy. Another example of how people are unwilling to compromise or think outside their little box.

Comment

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
              It is a shame isn't it. A mayor that is willing to pass up on the possible revenue that the 3 days could bring to the local economy. Another example of how people are unwilling to compromise or think outside their little box.
              Yes, I would think that boat racers bring a lot more money than fisherman.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post

Yes, I would think that boat racers bring a lot more money than fisherman.
                Exactly, for a single weekend. Are you going to get 100+ fishermen coming in for a weekend spending money for 3 days, like you would get with boat racers and families? Unless it's a tournament I wouldn't think so.

Comment

Working...
                X