Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamato 80 engines.....Need help determining value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato 80 engines.....Need help determining value.

My father had these two engines and have been in storage for 20+ years. He is now no longer with us so I need help determining value. Last seen water around 1995. Thank you in advance for your help. Located South East Michigan.

The one that says world on back is the 80...the other looks like a 102. I have seen both sell on here for over 1k. Scroll threw some posts under buy and sell and you will see some old adds to give you an idea.
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Looking to sell.

Comment

Would you be willing to sell the prop that's on the 102? What would you ask it?
        Dane Lance
        700-P
        CSH/500Mod

Comment

I paid $1200 each for a running y80 & 102; both motors won races
          I was happy to pay that amount- I thought I got a great deal in both cases-

I paid $750 for a Y80 with unknown history but was complete with compression & was unmolested
          The seller had no idea how long it had been idle
          Timing was checked/re-adjusted & fresh fuel added
          Fired right up (2nd pull if I recall)

None of the above had props BTW which is common

Hope this helps you- Your late Father would be happy to see these two great motors back on the race course
          522-P

Comment

If these motors have not run in 20 years in my opinion they are not race ready .The seals are probably dried out and gone hard as well as some gaskets. These motors should be gone through and checked that the bearings still roll smooth new seals and gaskets installed and some blue printing may need to be done as the rules have changed in 20 years.You can add gas and they may fire up but they will not be optimum for racing without some TLC. For these reasons I think these are sub 1k motors but good platforms to start out with. I am not trying to rain on your parade I am giving my honest opinion after building several of these motors over the last 30 years.

Ross Webster

Comment

Some interest for out of state. Anyone in Michigan want to take a look at these motors? TTT

Comment

Working...
              X