Alan van Weele's latest condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan van Weele's latest condition

Alan underwent his second knee surgery last week. He was home for a few days when he started to feel bad. He was driven to the hospital by ambulance. His heart rated soared to 220. He was admitted to the Cardiac Critical Care Unit when they found out his kidneys stopped functioning. Currently he is hooked up to a million machines. I will let you know if thing change.
    David Van Weele

David
    Sounds serious. Hope Alan gets thru this and all turns out well.
    Pete
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
      Bob Rusnak commented
      Editing a comment
      So sorry to here, please keep us posted.

Just got off the phone with Alan, he sounded like hell but at least his kidneys are working again. His heart has calmed down since the kidney's function. It appears the pain meds for the knee surgery along with a touch of the flu dehydrated him, so with nothing to do the kidneys went into shut down mode, which sent signals to his to do something. Thanks for everyones prayers and good wishes, I know it helped

Comment

• ZUL8TR
      ZUL8TR commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear Alan is doing better, sometimes drugs after surgery can be worse than the surgery. Continued positive thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery..

Thank you Lord for prayers answered
    522-P

Comment

I was glad to hear Alan was doing better. I always enjoy talking to him at the races and listening to his engineering views on racing, I always learn something.Get well soon.

Larry McAfee

Comment

So glad to here thing are getting better. Please tell Alan I am thinking of him.

Comment

• racnbns
          racnbns commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto from RACNBNS

Bruce

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
        Just got off the phone with Alan, he sounded like hell but at least his kidneys are working again. His heart has calmed down since the kidney's function. It appears the pain meds for the knee surgery along with a touch of the flu dehydrated him, so with nothing to do the kidneys went into shut down mode, which sent signals to his to do something. Thanks for everyones prayers and good wishes, I know it helped
        Good news Dave

Comment

Alan, I saw a picture of the aftermath of your knee operation, wow!! My son Brendan currently in Houston, showed it to me. I did not know he was in contact with you. Nice. And now you are going for the other knee. ouch !! Iam guessing its the accumulation of Manhattan, Thousand Island, Lake George Marathons and Long Island waters racing. Glad to hear you are on the mend. I miss your posting on BRF nothing since Apr of 16. Get well quickly my friend

Comment

Alan had his second knee operated on before the latest setback. His kidney failure was a combination of the pain killers and dehydration. The kidney failure caused his heart rate to go crazy. Alan is home now an back to doing his PT for his knee. He has to heal fast as he and I will be going to Indy to pick up a couple of new boats being built for the LBRA young drivers school. Alan will up you all I am sure when he is feeling better.
            David

Comment

Glad to hear he is home and on the mend. I need a full knee replacement and looking foward to getting g that done. My hats off to the both of you for what you build just awesome work!!!

Comment

• Al Lang
                Al Lang commented
                Editing a comment
                With racing season arriving, do not put off the replacement. Like I had requested before, let me and our little buddy know when. Al

Alan, was glad to see you are now home and back posting. That was quite an ordeal you went through. The good Lord and loads of prayers have paid off. As Anker said, you really pushed the envelope running the Island waters and all those marathons. Keep us posted how everything is going. Al

Comment

Working...
              X