• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet needed ASAP

YIKES
    BELL Sport Full Face PN403/Orange is BACK ORDERED at Lifeline
    This was my #1 choice of helmet; now in delay
    I know this has been covered on here before but can you guys suggest a similar substitute?
    I'm trying to stay at or below $400
    I see Portage Bay has Bell helmets but when I click on their site all I see is boat hardware

Thanks guys-
    George Bressler (Big head/small brain)
    522-P

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...10-neon-helmet

​Very nice helmet for the price, meets certification requirements, super comfortable, well padded, removable pads for cleaning, etc.
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

Comment

• M Miner
      M Miner commented
      Editing a comment
      You can check Speedway Motors. I got mine from them. Good luck.

HJC RPHA-10 comes in solid yellow and is under $400.
    Try your local motorcycle shop and ask which models come in solid (apba) colors. This is how I found the HJC. You won't find orange or yellow on the shelf but when I did this it was only a couple of days for them to order it.
    Dave
    42-C

Comment

I havent been on here in a while, but have a few thoughts on helmets in general. When you look at helmets, what where they designed for? Roadracing motorcycle, MX, drag racing? It all matters, for our purpose. Is the sight line optimised for looking up, down, or somewhere in the middle? I see people in really cool looking Simpson helmets, going out on the water, giving up a TON of periphial vision. For myself, I also look for helmets shapes that tuck in, at the chin area, as much as possible.
      Ian Augustine

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        ARAI XD-4................120 degree max peripheral vision with a great flip shield! In outboard kneel down racing this is super important to have max side vision. Also it is SNELL 2015 approved. Go to revzilla.com or Dennis Kirk.com

I always like the Shoei and the Qwest that I bought a couple years ago is exactly what I wanted.
      Brian 10s

Comment

Thanks for all the replies- I am headed to the local cycle shop today.
        I have an ARAI street helmet that I love but they are pricey...if they have it in orange I will probably order one
        I had an HJC dirt helmet that was good too
        I've always had trouble getting a helmet to fit right so I'm hesitant to buy one online but thanks again for the response...
        I actually have until the end of April; I'm planning on heading to Dayton for the Test & Tune
        But it will be here before you know it..SPRING IS TEN DAYS AWAY- YEEHAW
        522-P

Comment

• Ericwienczak
          Ericwienczak commented
          Editing a comment
          Consider buying a tinted visor as well, on sunny days the glare from the water can make it difficult to see

• Ram4x4
          Ram4x4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll second that on the tinted visor. Makes a world of difference. Now, if I could find one for my helmet that was also polarized, that'd be awesome!

Absolutely get a polarized visor. It will eliminate the glare from the water. That will allow you to read the water better. I found this to be an advantage.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Would love one, but don't see them available for the Scorpion EXO-R410.
          Dane Lance
          700-P
          CSH/500Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Ram4x4 View Post
            Consider getting a helmet that can be fitted with a polarized visor.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by Ram4x4 View Post
              I have tried several different color visors and I always liked the yellow-amber color the best. When water got on the others it bothered me more than the amber one.
              Larry Mac

Comment

Looks like the decision has been made for me-
                I ordered Kevlar pants, top, and socks from Lifeline and ask about Bell Helmets. I was told they are back ordered; they have Pyrotect instead. There was a question in my mind about sizing- So I decided to wait. I did not specifically say "send the helmet".
                Today the visa bill shows up for $954. I thought there was a mistake so I called them.
                It turns out they sent the Pyrotect anyway.
                I am okay with this- Sees Racing Team 22-P endorses the Pyrotect helmet and that is good enough for me.
                Just hoping it fits okay and I can get a polarized shield for it...
                Thanks guys for all the great feedback
                522-P

Comment

Big box on the doorstep today
                  New orange duds & a new hat
                  Everything fits perfect
                  Many thanks to Lifeline and all who responded
                  522-P

Comment

Working...
                  X