No announcement yet.

Lake Oroville is DEFINITELY FULL now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Oroville is DEFINITELY FULL now...

Lake Oroville is no longer part of the drought in California...

"OROVILLE: Water began pouring over the emergency spillway at Oroville Dam early Saturday for the first time in its 48-year history."

Link to story: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article132154774.html

Yes it's a mess all around out here. The river close to us broke in 3 places the last rain.

Comment

How much snow is in the mountains?

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
        Lots.........
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post

Off da hook!

Sierra Nevada ski resorts are reporting massive 48-hour snow accumulations, including Kirkwood (almost 6 feet) and Squaw Valley (4.5 feet), according to the weather service.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/1...es-in-10-days/

Comment

Tom , Has Hartwell recovered at all ?

Comment

The emergency spillway is expected to completely fail within a matter of minutes. Residents of low lying areas of Oroville and areas south are being asked to evacuate NOW.

Comment

This is a really scary situation. I only heard about it now. I hope everyone in the area makes it out safely.
                42H

Comment

I hope all up in that area will be allright. Driving around here locally in my area I'm seeing alot of fast moving water flowing across some vineyards. We're not sure where it's all coming from. The river is way off and did no spill over. Joe you know our area Woodbridge rd,Acampo rd all closed to flooding. Hope your ok there. Reminds of 86 flood in a,way

Comment

hopefully too much damage does not occur and the people in the surrounding towns do not suffer too much (not at all would be best)...this is kind of scary. Seems all this excess water would also fill up the Afterbay where the Spring KILO's are going to be held.............
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                      Matt Dagostino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is on National News............heard about it on CBS news back here in DC area! Hope everyone gets through it ok.

Man....it goes from drought conditions this. I sure hope everyone, especially racing friends, make it thru ok....

Comment

We just had the river break a few miles,from us here at lunch tine. Hopefully it's not to bad. Dave as you say from drought to this. I think there are a couple racers up in the Oroville area hope there ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X