2017 APBA J Committee Meeting Agenda and rule change proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 APBA J Committee Meeting Agenda and rule change proposals

Here is the agenda for the 2017 APBA J Committee Meeting next week in Los Angeles, along with the attached rule change proposals the committee received. Looking forward to a successful meeting and to seeing many of our members in attendance.

Regards,

Patrick Gleason R-19
    APBA J Committee Chairman

JCommitteeMeetingAgenda-2017.doc
    2017 Rule Proposals J Classes.pdf
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Thanks for posting Patrick.

Having kids who race J, please seriously consider the cockpit to cockpit rule and the impact it may have on safety.
    While it's great business for boat builders to fix boats that pile into each other in the corner (I used to fix a LOT of tunnel boats that crashed each other in the corners) I really believe that keeping some distance between the boats is a lot safer for the kids.
    -Mike

Comment

Quick question...Is it just Pro and OPC that have cockpit to cockpit rule?

Comment

• PittmanRacing
        PittmanRacing commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, PRO and OPC. Neither have problems with the rule as written and both rules were written prior to capsules.

For sure OPC and most likely PRO classes with capsules.

Comment

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
        Quick question...Is it just Pro and OPC that have cockpit to cockpit rule?
        If OMC restrictor plate is changed who will build the new plates as they are in short supply, seems like some of the merc teams need to do their home work and not try to slow down the OMC if a current motor can not beat a 30 year old motor then go get the 30 year old OMC there a plenty of the out there and at quite a cost savings vs the merc engine!

Comment

Originally posted by adamallen View Post
          For sure OPC and most likely PRO classes with capsules.
          All Pro classes, for many, many years. Works well.

Comment

The proposals listed were submitted by J class parents, not by the committee itself. If you have questions or input regarding these proposals, please pass them on to members of the J Committee:

Andrew Tate
            Billy Allen
            Chris Fairchild
            Dan Kanfoush
            Daniel Wilde
            Fred Hauenstein
            Jeff Williams
            Jerry Davids
            Jim Nilsen
            Jim Sweeney

Thanks,

R-19

www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Will do. Thanks Patrick.

Comment

Eliminate the free plane off attempt. That will force the fathers to put the motor in a position that planning off would not be an issue. If all that is required is moving the motor back to make it plane, then do it. It wouldn't be long before the problem goes away. Nobody wants to waste the time, money and effort by going to a race only to not plane off. It will also save a good amount of time for race committees.

Comment

• Dr. Thunder
                  Dr. Thunder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent comment. We are a long way off from the days of the green tank J's and top speeds of 28. Just make it easy for the kids to race and have fun.

• brian
                  brian commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No way bad idea. Try telling your 10 year old You can't do anything to get him on plane and you change the prop and it jumps on plane in 20 yards.

ok...stupid question time....csh 2z when you say free plane off attempt are you referring to giving the J drivers a chance to get on plane before the green flag is thrown?

Comment

• csh-2z
                  csh-2z commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Dave.
                  Brian, I've been there. Move the motor back & let your kid have fun. Winning isn't everything.
                  Last edited by csh-2z; 01-23-2017, 07:24 AM.

Originally posted by 1hshawwpba View Post

If OMC restrictor plate is changed who will build the new plates as they are in short supply, seems like some of the merc teams need to do their home work and not try to slow down the OMC if a current motor can not beat a 30 year old motor then go get the 30 year old OMC there a plenty of the out there and at quite a cost savings vs the merc engine!
                Howard,
                I feel so strongly about this change that i would gladly donate my time and any upfront cost to this process. I'm pretty good friends with a qualified machinist and I would ask him to put this in his 30 day production schedule if possible.
                I will gladly work with our J Committee Chair to make this a smooth and speedy process. As I said I would cover any upfront material and labor cost. I would provide material and machine invoices to the Committee Chair as I would not profit from this. I would be willing to be reimbursed as they are sold or a credit towards membership fees.
                Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Working...
                X