Sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsors

If someone wanted their business logo on your boat what would you charge them? I realized it is not likely but it could happen. Thanks

If I had a boat, $1,000,000.00.
    Last edited by KURPS; 01-18-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

The larger the corp. the more $$$ you could request. I was approached years ago by a Mercury Hi-perf. dealer. Is I would by a 25XS from his dealer-ship, he would cover all traveling expenses for the summer(s). At that time I was involved with another brand of race engine & did not want another
      ​class to contend,, plus getting another boat. But it felt good.

Comment

Depends. How big is this business? How large of a logo do they want on the boat? Are they a local business only, or what sort of geographical area do they cover? Is the business related to boating, racing, motorsports, tools, etc? You might be surprised at the businesses that might be willing to pay for their logo on your boat, but part of it is selling yourself to them too.

​My last place of employment was all set to basically buy me a new boat, a new engine, have it completely painted in their company colors and logos, abd even wanted to do a tv commercial, but there was just one small problem....only 1 race site was in the geographic areas they did business in (cable internet and tv). The president of the business unit really wanted to do it, but he just couldn't justify it, so it didn't happen.

​Still, instead of $$$ up front, consider having them cover travel costs, or hotels maybe. If it's a small business, put on a small logo and ask them pay for one trip per year. Scale it to the size of the business and try to find businesses that do business in the areas you'll be racing.

Dane Lance
        700-P
        CSH/500Mod

Comment

I used to get $500 from my employer for two 5x8 stickers on my boat and a couple more on my trailer.

Comment

Working...
          X