Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a way to keep my 321 Cool with no modifications! (photo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a way to keep my 321 Cool with no modifications! (photo)

Merry Christmas all!
    -226M
    When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Can I write your obituary when you succumb to hypothermia? I promise it will be something entertaining !

Comment

Now, just get Lifeline and SRP to make some "drysuit" kevlars....
      Dane Lance
      700-P
      CSH/500Mod

Comment

It snowed at an October Southberry race maybe 1968. When I came in I could barely get my hand off the wheel.

Comment

• csh-2z
          csh-2z commented
          Editing a comment
          I was there. Flipped my ASH that day. I thought it was in the early 70's.

• dwhitford
          dwhitford commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember too. Fred Grover had a hard time starting his B-Looper that chilly morning. ''Open your needle valve about a quarter turn, Fred, '' I said. Then it lit right off.

Had to have been before 1971 because I was running a cast-iron Koenig by then. Probably 1968-'69, as you said, John.
          Last edited by dwhitford; 12-14-2016, 04:35 PM.

I was there as well and won ASH, there was 3 inches on the boats when we arrived back to the pits Saturday morning. I also remember Nick Cerino blowing over a pro boat a mile high! Along with what seemed like one buoy turns! Good ole days !!

Comment

• dwhitford
          dwhitford commented
          Editing a comment
          The upriver turn had 2 buoys, but it was in essence a single buoy turn. And Nick got what he deserved for his overly aggressive driving. On the front straightaway we drove under the I-84 bridge. Coming out from under that bridge's shadow at full bore into sunshine with shovel-nose boats, we could get an excessive burst of unwanted lift.

• modracer7b
          modracer7b commented
          Editing a comment
          The two buoys were about 10 feet apart, although I don't remember snow in the 60's. I do remember a late race in the early 60's at Pembroke, MA that was cancelled because of a snowstorm the morning of the race.

Originally posted by DtwSailor View Post
        Merry Christmas all!
        -226M
        ​Heck I just starting out boat not even finished being built and out living in my R.V., The R.V. bed is more comfortable anyway!

Comment

Working...
        X