Prop puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop puller

Where can I find a prop puller for a Yamato engine ?

To pull a stuck prop or the prop shaft? Yamato model?
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

To pull a stuck prop

Comment

• M Miner
        M Miner commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you tried a gear puller?

Originally posted by Flatiron View Post
      To pull a stuck prop
      2 or 3 blade. You need a puller with claws like the gear puller suggested by M Miner. Get some PB Blaster in there best you can and get the puller set with the claws close to the root of the blade put the prop nut on and use that to keep the puller screw from slipping off as you tighten it. A small to moderate amount of heat on the prop hub could work for you if you do not apply it too long so heat transfer to the prop shaft is kept low. Could have to do the above a few times with cool cycles.

Your prop might have some damage with the process.

Did it get stuck because a pin sheared? I always heave wheel bearing grease on the prop shaft and in the prop bore before prop install to provide some lube in case a pin shears and the engine is shut as quick as possible before serious seizing. .
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Try Brown Tool & Machine Co.1-609-397-1751 item #3400

Comment

Prop siezed due to a sheared pin. I started spraying with PB blaster tonight. I will give it a couple of days and see what I can do with my 3 armed gear puller. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X