Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical CSH Hulls nubmers for bigger guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical CSH Hulls nubmers for bigger guy.

Hi, new racer is asking me for typical hull dims for CSH hull. He's a bigger guy if that makes any diff in the numbers. Anyone willing to share numbers?Thanks, Andrew
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Is he wanting to build a boat? Or just to see if that's the class for him? Weight wise I think they run from about 100lb to 125. Length about 10ft 6".

Comment

He wants to know if he can get away with running the class as he thinks DSH is too fast for him to race and have fun. He has lake running experience with Hydros. Also wants to know if a boat he already owns is suitable to get started with and see if he likes racing. He's tried a 25XS and felt he was too heavy for it... so he doesn't want to spend on CSH stuff if it will be too small too. Also doesnt want to waste the time altering the transom on what he has if it's not suitable. I've mention CSR to him too as an option.

- what's the rough body weight limit to be competitive in CSH with average boat (ie not full composite)
      - how wide are the bottoms
      - what is the afterplane
      - steering wheel distance from the transom
      - lift

Thanks!

Fralick Racing

Comment

• csh-2z
        csh-2z commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent you a PM.

• hydroid
        hydroid commented
        Editing a comment
        Andrew, Kris & I fluctuate at 200# +/- 10# beer & pizza factor over winter; easy to add/remove 10# lead in spring to come in at 440#.
        Stats:
        - Me: 200, boat @ 125, Y302 @ 95, safety @ 15: 435 + 6# lead: 441#, Kcraft: 36" wide, 72 a/p
        - Kris: 210, 115, 95, 15: +/- lead: 441#, Spencer CSH, 37" wide, 76 a/p, more lift than my boat

I'd say @ 220# one could still be competitive with a light boat, but tough to find CSH lighter than 110# without built with carbon($$$).Even at 450# all-in, a good driver nailing starts & driving strategically can do well. As all-in weight creeps over 450#, gravity/drag work exponentially against you, acceleration & lift suffer. And if you flip/roll, you'll do more damage going through the sides.
        Conversely as a light driver, I wouldn't put more than 20# into a boat(12-15 at transom, 5-8 at steering wheel) for fear of forces ripping boat apart when you flip/roll.
        Last edited by hydroid; 11-07-2016, 11:52 AM.

Thanks John!
      Fralick Racing

Comment

Thanks guys!

I don't know how the heck you reply to a comment above... LOL.
        Fralick Racing

Comment

• Ram4x4
          Ram4x4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Click on the 'Comment' button below a post.

• Andrew 4CE
          Andrew 4CE commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ram!

I've raced CSH for some time now, at 1st old boats, always bringing up the rear. I'm about 215 so suited up more like 235. Add a little water walking to the boat & more if you get hosed I'd guess that to be 245+ That + a 90lb motor leaves about 100 to105lbs for the boat. That can be done no problem with carbon fiber. It would be hard to build a wood boat at that weight strong enough for a heavy driver, not that you can't do well heavy, some do -very well. For me getting a used carbon fiber boat & going to a 302 helped put me in the race & it wasn't too expensive. New CF is going to cost alot but for those that want it I think its a good way to go. As for the fun of it I say give it a try, don't worry about where you place just go. If you have a boat you know you can drive try to borrow a C motor & go for it. If you like it you can always step up the equipment as you go. The driving school option is also a great way to try if you are close enough to a club doing a C class. Like said above too CSR weight is more.
        Team Tower

Comment

• Andrew 4CE
          Andrew 4CE commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that info. I've sent him the link to this thread
      Working...
      X