Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet

Looking at buying a new helmet. Thinking of a Shoei RF1200 in shine red. Has anyone used one, how is it working out for you and is shine red a legal APBA color? Thanks!!

From the APBA 2016 General Safety and Racing Rules:
    A. Helmets shall meet minimum rating specifications (SNELL 2000, SFI, FIA or newer) per list on document “APBA Driver Helmets Accepted for
    Competition and Vintage”. Effective November 1, 2016, helmets shall meet minimum rating specifications (SNELL 2005, SFI, FIA or newer) per list.

1) The upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be a single color of the following: yellow or fluorescent
    (high visability) yellow or lime green or orange or international orange or fluorescent red. Competitors may
    put writing or artwork in an area across the front to the helmet directly above the opening. This area is not to exceed 8” wide x 2” high.

2) Half-shell and 3/4 type helmets are not allowed.
    Last edited by bmitch1; 09-14-2016, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I just bought a new Shoei this spring. Looked at the RF1200 because I had the RF700 & 800 in the past. Very good helmets. But the price of the 1200 gave me some sticker shock. Try on the Shoei Qwest. I bought it for 1/2 the RF1200 (at the time) and while the RF1200 was alittle nicer - not as much as the price would have suggested. I got mine in that yellow - really had wished for the orange but what can you do.
      Brian 10s

Comment

I have the Scorpion EXO-410 in neon yellow. Not nearly as pricey as some of the helmets, but surprisingly nice. Very comfortable and exceeds the safety requirements of APBA.

If money is no object, I'm very partial to Simpson helmets (a Bandit is on my list of things to get).

Dane Lance
        700-P
        CSH/500Mod

Comment

• Gootz 142M
          Gootz 142M commented
          Editing a comment
          Price is ALWAYS an object! But when it comes to safety I'll go the extra $$

Originally posted by Gootz 142M View Post
        Looking at buying a new helmet. Thinking of a Shoei RF1200 in shine red. Has anyone used one, how is it working out for you and is shine red a legal APBA color? Thanks!!
        nice quality and good fit, easy lock for changing visors is awesome. Only issue is the helmet seems to fog up even with the vents open. I have been wearing mine with the visor slightly cracked open

Comment

Originally posted by Ericwienczak View Post

nice quality and good fit, easy lock for changing visors is awesome. Only issue is the helmet seems to fog up even with the vents open. I have been wearing mine with the visor slightly cracked open
          I've been running an Off-Road style helmet with Goggles for the last number of years. Prior to that i used these FogCity Inserts on my FullFace helmets. I've had tried a few brands that were cheaper, They didn't compare. I used these on my motorcycle as well driving into the middle of December almost daily. I'd never fog again unless conditions on the way to work on the bike were really bad!
          Boat Racing was great..fully close the visor and the vents, keep your eyes open and drive through a roostertail... No Problems.

http://fog-city.com/html/proshield.html
          ----
          Graham18ce
          Team Canada ThunderCat
          Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
          Twitter @FralickRacing
          Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Working...
          X