Scoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring

So, is there a standard way to score a race (as in on paper, spreadsheet, list, etc), or does each scorer sort of have their own method? I intend to talk with the scorer at Lock haven this weekend, but just wondering in general?

For those who score, would doing it on a laptop be easier, more difficult, won't matter?
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

I think that most do it on laptops now. there is a program that makes quite a bit of it easier on those dedicated enough to sit there all day while the rest of us go have fun. I know that my wife has helped several get changed over from paper to computer and don't know of anyone who has gone back to paper.

I think you can find it on the APBA website.

Steve Roskowski

Comment

There are plenty of chief scorers that will be at Lock Haven. Off the top of my head, Jill Glossner (with 26-P), Lisa Jennings (with 9-P), Stacy Garcia (with 2-Z), Aimie Pond (with 24-E) and I'm sure a few more that I can't think of right now. That's almost 100 years of scoring experience.

Comment

The most important & unpaid/underpaid functions of racing. Takes skilled, quick, understanding staffing. Don't know any that race. I've thought a lot about this & race promoters. Can't do LA for the National meet. Way too much $. But hope to have some ideas for someone to advance.
        Mark 55P
        Team Tower
        Hydroplane Division

Comment

OK, just gathering info, I am working on a way we can get a reliable feed to post real time results and possibly do live streaming audio/video without having to rely on someone's cell signal...and it'll work from anywhere, guaranteed.
          Dane Lance
          700-P
          CSH/500Mod

Comment

Working...
          X