Closest builder to the western PA area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest builder to the western PA area

Who is one of our builders that lives closest to the western PA area, specifically exit 45 off I-80 (1 hour east of the Ohio line)? If there is one close by, please PM me.
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

What kind of builder, boat, engine. house?

Comment

Boat. Hydro.
      Dane Lance
      700-P
      CSH/500Mod

Comment

I'd be interested in this as well. NE Indiana here.

Comment

• TAndersonV11
          TAndersonV11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Contact Sam Hemp in Milwaukee, Wi! He's the best in the business. 90% of boats in the country are based off his boats. Be more than glad to help you out and get you his contact info. Send me an email. Andersonboatracing@gmail.com
          Last edited by TAndersonV11; 08-23-2016, 07:12 AM.

• Brian10s
          Brian10s commented
          Editing a comment
          Talk to Jasen Dirkson - he has been building a lot of boat and is in IN. Very good quality. You can get a hold of him through the www.indianaoutboard.org
          He is President of the local Indiana club.

I'm also located off of exit 45. What town are you in ?

Comment

• Ram4x4
          Ram4x4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nickleville.

• Flatiron
          Flatiron commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in Fertigs

• Ram4x4
          Ram4x4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! We're neighbors! Hey, I'm new to this racing gig, but I think I can give basic advice well enough if you're looking to get started.

Try Runnecraft in NC. See the thread below. Distance is relative! I'll be at Lock Haven Pa. labor day weekend.
        252-636-9007 or email j.runne@hotmail.com.

Comment

Dane do need a repair done or looking for a new ride?

Joe Silvestri and Rick Wagner live in Ohio and have built stuff, then you have Mike Pavlick & Paul Trolian in IL, Brian Trolian, Mark Kurz, Kurt McCourtie in MI, John Runne in NC bunch of guys around and I know I forgot someone....
          444-B now 4-F
          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• Fastjack
            Fastjack commented
            Editing a comment
            In Maine we are lucky to have Bob O'connor -- "in by 9 out by 5 ". He has been building great boats at a record pace.

No, I don't need anything (want...that's a different story).

I work at the local high school (I'm the IT guy there). The wood shop teacher was talking with me about the racing and all. He asked if building a hydro is something they could do as a project. You can understand where my mind went at that moment.

I've haven't built one yet, so I am thinking if they want to do this, someone with building experience might possibly be able to spend a little time overseeing things, or check things as out as the build progresses.

Nothing has gotten past questions at this point, but we're going to be talking more later.
          Dane Lance
          700-P
          CSH/500Mod

Comment

• Howie Nichols
            Howie Nichols commented
            Editing a comment
            Contact Sam Hemp or George Stillwill then. Either might be able to provide a kit which would help the school get started and give them the basics until they understand what they are building.

• DiGia54D
            DiGia54D commented
            Editing a comment
            Hemp makes a great kit and reasonable.

You should talk to Joe Silvestri - he is also a teacher and has built several hydro. Not sure about the overseeing but he would be a great resource to get you on the right path.
          Brian 10s

Comment

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be much help to you for that purpose. My boat building process can't be explained, duplicated or even put on paper. I just know when it's right, in my opinion. And I am the worlds leading authority on my opinion. Good luck with your project.
            ​John

Comment

Working...
            X