No announcement yet.

RACING TOGETHER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will purpose a increase in wt. in C mod. Runabout, back to the wt that it was in 2015. We need a class for big guys that have cheap and dependable motors

Comment

Originally posted by johnml390 View Post
      I am in very big favor of this idea of a joint effort between NBRA and APBA. Both do great things for boat racing. If the scheduling of such an event were to work out I would do everything in my power to be able to support the event no matter where at in the country it was.
      Hope to see you guys in Jacksonville Il. and finish up the D Hydro Nationals. You had a killer start in Ok. and looked like you was on your way.

Larry McAfee

Comment

• johnml390
        johnml390 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish I could be there.. Sadly, I won't have the ability with my tight work schedule and already have a trip out of town planned for this weekend.

Going to miss you guys at the races a lot.

Thanks for the info guys. Please keep the communication lines open to see what we can work out.
      444-B now 4-F
      Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

An APBA//NBRA Mod Nationals would be great.. Class weights and engine choices could be addressed and a compromise made..
        This would bring the best of the best together. Several AOF-NBRA teams have won APBA Nationals as well as APBA teams winning AOF-NBRA
        Nationals. I personally have witnessed this. The NBRA guys used to be the AOF guys with the exceptions of any new drivers that were not involved in
        racing when AOF was the sanctioning body. What's up Doc Racing races both and has been successful in both and well as many others. When the
        APBA Mod Nationals were in Arkansas for 4 straight years,,, yes there were tons of AOF-now NBRA drivers attending... When the AOF-now NBRA
        Nationals were in Carter Lake Iowa and in the St. Louis area,, yes there were tons of APBA drivers attending... It can work...

Comment

I think this could be fantastic. How about a separate appointed group put together a proposal to have a Championship event or events and maybe call it the "Great North American Boat Racing Championship". Pick the best site, best sponsor, best promotor, and a logical date. Only hold the race if monies can be raised to pay tow money and money donated to the community where the race is being held. A consolidation race and give money to a good cause.​Classes would easy to select if we focus on growing our sport and everybody gives a little to make it a priority.
          I'm just waking up, so it might not be logical. However, I believe we should unite and fix it ourselves and quit waiting for the associations to make up. We are too good and smart to be held back!

Comment

Working...
          X