No announcement yet.

Nationals Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of race results is a really frustrating issue. I believe instant race results from races is something that should go on the APBA web site. First of all, lots of interested parties could log onto the APBA site and would eventually create a "Go To" place for race results. In today's world, I don't think it would be very difficult as the scorers already use the APBA system. Granted, there are some roadblocks, for example:
    Internet access, weather, time, and unofficial vs. official results. I visualize APBA supplying a location on their web site and access code so the unofficial results could be put up on the site anytime after the race by designated parties. Even important updates could be posted during the race. The road block is that the racers need to make this happen as the volunteer officials already have enough to do. I know the official results are eventually posted, however it can take from 30 to 60 days. I woluld like to see the results within 12 hours after the race has concluded. Thoughts anyone?

Comment

https://hinton2016.shutterfly.com

Qualifiers and results are listed .....

and if you were there, you would even be listed in your Patrol Boat set.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsmoke View Post
        Lack of race results is a really frustrating issue. I believe instant race results from races is something that should go on the APBA web site. First of all, lots of interested parties could log onto the APBA site and would eventually create a "Go To" place for race results. In today's world, I don't think it would be very difficult as the scorers already use the APBA system. Granted, there are some roadblocks, for example:
        Internet access, weather, time, and unofficial vs. official results. I visualize APBA supplying a location on their web site and access code so the unofficial results could be put up on the site anytime after the race by designated parties. Even important updates could be posted during the race. The road block is that the racers need to make this happen as the volunteer officials already have enough to do. I know the official results are eventually posted, however it can take from 30 to 60 days. I woluld like to see the results within 12 hours after the race has concluded. Thoughts anyone?
        I agree - so when are you going to step up and handle this? Otherwise you are just waiting for a bunch of overworked volunteers to do some additional work so that you can be entertained for free.
        Brian 10s

Comment

Already looking into this and found that it's possible without using the "bunch of overworked volunteers" as they are just that. Would like to help?

Comment

I am amazed that we are looking for results and they are ALREADY listed on page one of this thread. Only today's are not up yet. If you want minute by minute updates go on FB they are all over the place, with videos
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Thank you Brian 10s

Comment

Last I heard - rain delay and there is a ton of debris in the water. Rain all week and it is finally moving the junk into the course.
                Brian 10s

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
                  I am amazed that we are looking for results and they are ALREADY listed on page one of this thread. Only today's are not up yet. If you want minute by minute updates go on FB they are all over the place, with videos
                  But Wayne, some of us don't do facebook!!! Good seeing you at Depue
                  John

Comment

• racnbns
                    racnbns commented
                    Editing a comment
                    DITTO!!DITTO!!
                    Bruce

• DiGia54D
                    DiGia54D commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good seeing you John also. I had a great time!... They don't have to go on FB..That was just if they want live updates... But the final results are on Post 7,8,10 and 15 of this thread. They are only showing the top 3-5. Brian posted everything that ran for those days. I don't know what updates people are looking for when they had to read them before they posted why are there no updates....lol

Originally posted by John Schubert View Post
                  But Wayne, some of us don't do facebook!!! Good seeing you at Depue
                  John

I blew up my facespace account about a year ago...you can still browse pages

https://www.facebook.com/SouthShoreOutboardAssociation/

Comment

The APBA website, instant results from events, marketing of the sport and taking advantage of current technology are all issues this organization needs to address, now before we become extinct. It is time to join the present and guarantee our future.

​I am running for a seat on the APBA Board of Directors and would appreciate your only vote. Many of you are familiar with my opinions over the years and there will be forums and threads soon to be established about these and many more APBA issues. Please vote John Runne to the APBA Board of Directors. Thank you.
                    Sorry for hijacking your thread. Please resume complaining! lol

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                      Matt Dagostino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Johnny..........it's a shame you couldn't speak at the drivers meeting in front of all of us. Also i would have liked to have seen our President get up and say a few words. It was a missed opportunity. You have my vote......

• GrandpaRacer
                      GrandpaRacer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would help if you sign your name. I suspect csh-2z will not be on the ballot.
                      John Adams

Originally posted by csh-2z View Post
                    The APBA website, instant results from events, marketing of the sport and taking advantage of current technology are all issues this organization needs to address, now before we become extinct. It is time to join the present and guarantee our future.

​I am running for a seat on the APBA Board of Directors and would appreciate your only vote. Many of you are familiar with my opinions over the years and there will be forums and threads soon to be established about these and many more APBA issues. Please vote John Runne to the APBA Board of Directors. Thank you.
                    Sorry for hijacking your thread. Please resume complaining! lol
                    Cool...................................
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Matt, I wish I did speak. With everything else going on, I didn't take the time to prepare. I just found out the week before that my nomination was accepted. Pass the word Dean. I'm not sure yet who else is running or who's seats are up for grabs, but if you all support me, please don't also vote for my competition on the ballot.Thanks

Comment

John - Don't know if you saw my post above, I believe it is very important to implement an information system that keeps members and people interested in our sport with real time or near real time results. At least there should be results information posted at the end of each racing day. Better yet videos of the races posted, even if the videos are well below broadcast quality. The information should be searchable under a designated format so people know exactly how to find information of their interest.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                          Matt Dagostino commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Charlie...........Val and Brewster tried to stream with Mike Decks help. We could only get audio out of Hinton and that was touch and go. Mike Deck could not be there in person but even if he was i do not think we could have got a video feed out. We tried.

• DiGia54D
                          DiGia54D commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dan Parker/Val/ Brewsters used FB live... Now obviously it doesn't help if they are not on your Friends list or on FB at all. But I was able to see a good amount of elimination heats and finals heats. I thought this year was the fastest we saw the results.

• Charlie Pater
                          Charlie Pater commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the info. How do I find the videos?

Does anyone have the results for 850MH?
                        Thanks

Comment

Sorry GrandpaRacer, My name is John Runne and I would appreciate your consideration when the ballot arrives. There is a thread on the APBA social site that has the nominees bio's and a couple of paragraphs that I wrote about the direction I believe APBA should persue to improve our growth.

John Runne Region 4 SORC

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
                            GrandpaRacer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks, now I know..
                        Working...
                        X