Mays Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mays Landing

On 9-10 and 9-11 the inboards will be racing on Lake Lenape in New Jersey and they have invited the AXHs to come run with them. To race in NJ you must be 13. It looks like a free weekend and this is a fresh water, calm lake with a beautiful beach to launch off and a nice big track where you can really let them sing. Now I cant say for sure but if there is enough interest they might be willing to talk about another (AXR, ASR, ???) class racing there also. Might even be able to get the region 4 J trailer there.

just a question..... I have shown my antique quincy looper collection at mays landing and have seen part of the lake. the question is why don't the stocks and mods race there? just wondering on a rainy Thursday.

frank novotny
    52-E

Comment

I think they sure did at one point years ago, the issue now is that region 3 Del valley has 2 races in Millville and a race in Lock Haven. There are other sites but not enough help to make them happen

Comment

Dont know how they lost it but we did race stock at Mays Landing. I think the last one was in 87 or 88. Back then they did not have stock/mod races on the east coast except region 1... at that time they had eliminations in most stock classes and didn't Need or want the noise of the open pipes of the Mods. All Mercs back then
        Last edited by DiGia54D; 06-16-2016, 10:44 AM.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

We have thought about revisiting the site multiple times. Ambulance coverage was the original issue. We reconciled that but the race ended up fizziling out because of the lack of support from our own club and the perceived lack of boats we would get in attendance.
          Shawn Breisacher

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
            Matt Dagostino commented
            Editing a comment
            BEST chicken dinners ever!!

shawn, maybe you can take a poll at lochhaven to see what the interest would be to have one there. could be a three day in two day race. just a thought. I know Lambertville had issues with one of the other groups that used the site, but maybe mays landing is worth a look see.

see you next weekend at Berwick!

frank
          52-E

Comment

the problem with that idea is that you don't want to burn out a site. I am not sure the people in town want more than 1 race a year and if you push the issue you might loose the race that is already there. there are so many other sites that could be used without endangering this one. The point I was making was that the inboards would like and have invited the one class for the kids, and that if there is another class that can commit to bringing a nice field we could approach the present regatta committee to see about getting them on the schedule

Comment

Working...
            X