Boat build pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat build pics?

Where are all the boat build pictures? Hydro, runabouts..

here is one years worth back in 2012.. You just have to do a search https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...boats-for-2012
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Another years worth: https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...boats-for-2013
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

It's time to unveil the new 125 hydro from Aero-Marine Design. Was anxious to see how much it weighed so put all the hardware in the boat and hung it on the scale, you can see for yourself. Well pleased and if it is like the 250/350 boats, you can race one or chase one, choice is yours.

Comment

Looks good Bud!
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
            here is one years worth back in 2012.. You just have to do a search https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...boats-for-2012
            WHATS WITH THE CONTINUOUS UPGRADES ?

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
              Mrs blueskyracer commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure I understand the question. I am just seeing boat builds and photo. Not upgrades.

Thanks fellas, gettin a lot of info on these euro 250/350.. I'm wanting to throw .44 mod on one.. Getting feedback saying wood, no matter what you do, will not be light enough. Molded carbon fiber bottom is the way to go? Also you can't build one from plans, measurements. I am not against trying but don't want to waste my time either.

Comment

• Shane_B
              Shane_B commented
              Editing a comment
              Much cheaper to buy a CF boat than to try and build one yourself... To build a CF (pure) boat, you'd need to build a wood version first (test/tweak/test -repeat) and once you get it right, then you need to make fiberglass 'plugs' of it (top and bottom) - then vacuum bag infuse CF (with structural foam in key areas) to create top and bottom - then you need to glue the two halves together... you get the picture, pretty involved process. The Aero-Design boats (shown above in baries' post) are phenomenal boats.. two of the 350s ran this weekend at R10 Kitsap lake - screamed and handled exceptionally well... not cheap but if you want to run up front, it's the way to go in my very humble opinion (then again, I don't race the class)

• baries
              baries commented
              Editing a comment
              Give me a call, to be honest the 250/350 boat is too narrow to carry the weight, and the speeds are slower with the 44. However the 125/175 boat is 2 inches wider, 7 inches shorter and the speeds are comparable. Bud Gann 863-808-2043,

C Mod boat ready for paint job P1010008.jpg P1010009.jpg

Comment

The new 125 on the way to the painter, as pictured weighed in at 90 pounds with the turn fin and steering in place.

Comment

057.jpg 222.jpg 237.jpg 248.jpg 253.jpg 257.jpg ​We finally completed and ran the newest Black Sheep Racing boat. After building new plugs, then moulds, the finally the parts used in the boat. This was definitely the most challenging boat we have built so far.
                The additional challenge of this boat was the fact that it was built for Steve Greaves’ Antique C Racing “PR” engine with a 9” or bigger, right hand rotation propeller… Not as easy as one would think!
                Steve gave me the opportunity to take it for its maiden voyage, don’t underestimate a good running PR! The boat ran well, yet a little busy… So we have a couple little tricks and minor modifications to do to it before it heads to the Nationals in Kingston.

Good Luck Steve and Jim!

Comment

New 250 hydro nearing completion.
                  Attached Files
                  David Weaver

Comment

image_39236.jpg Our new 500 mod boat is done and ready for testing 2c.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X