Cost of compition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of compition?

What would the starting cost be for a deasent boat and engine to run a 250 or 350 h in the US title series . I realize the sky is the limit I am looking for the low end. Thanks Mark

Mark
    There is some used boats out there to get into the title series. I got a 250 package deal from someone and got in under 6k. Now I have upgraded the boat to be more in the game. Someone will post something on here. what is your location? End of May is Pleasant Praire, Wisc. race.....

JP has a 250 for sale, Would be good to get used to the ride.
    Last edited by DiGia54D; 05-04-2016, 12:13 PM.
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• M Miner
      M Miner commented
      Editing a comment
      Pleasent Prairie is a bout 4 hours from Winona MN. I may make that drive over on Saturday. I am hoping to get setup by 2018

• DiGia54D
      DiGia54D commented
      Editing a comment
      All the drivers that would be at the Winona race's in the past will be at PP...Fri May 27 (testing) Sat 28th (350 runs) and Sun 29th (250 runs). All great people and will help get you into what ever class you want. Hope to see you there
      Last edited by DiGia54D; 05-04-2016, 12:14 PM.

Also a used 250 motor for sale on here...around page 2 or 3 of the forums
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Hello M. Miner,

A note of caution. If you haven't raced boats before, a 250 Hydro will run 90 mph + or -. That could be very hard to learn.... since for one thing these new Pro Alky motors you can't back off of the throttle very much or you will "Stick" the pistons. You can only adjust the speed with the pipe. So the result is that you would always be going too fast to get used to the boat and speed, etc.

A 350 would be even worse.

You might want to start out in a 125. Or a stock class for awhile.

However, if you have raced boats before, then you would know what I am talking about. So ignore my comments.

Good Luck and be SAFE.
      Last edited by DeanFHobart; 05-04-2016, 12:15 PM.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Check your private messages

Comment

Dean gave some good sound advice on speeds. I would like to add pipes can be in the up position and jetted to assist in the sticking issue on short courses but will affect overall speed. There are other ways to get on the water without sticking the motor. If you could find an older 350 Konig to start out with to see if you like it that would be a great start.

Comment

Thank you for the tips and advice ,you sound like the type of people i like to be around on weekends.

Comment

None better than all the guys and gals in boat racing. Don't matter what category we all help each other when/where we can. Welcome aboard!!!!!

Comment

I live about 2 hours north of you (Elko) and race with the Title Series. I may be able to help you, If you make it to the race at the end of the month stop by my trailer. I also have a 250 Vrp That I would sell.

Joe Franck G 99

Comment

Thanks Joe I am planning to go on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                  X