Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

400 Mod Hydro at Winter Nationals in Jesup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400 Mod Hydro at Winter Nationals in Jesup.

Trying to revive the 400 Mod Hydro Class this year. We will have 1-2 and have heard of 2 others coming. If you have one or are thinking/wondering if there will be a class, we will have enough. Now we just need to get 6-7 on the water. See you all in a week or so.
    Rick Miller
    drrm340@me.com

I will not be there. I still have classes unfortunately and it falls right on the beginnings of finals otherwise I'd be there.

Comment

Kyle-- thanks for the reply and very understandable about finals. Study hard and make some "A"'s. Hope to see you at Huntington.
      Rick

Comment

Rick I will have the ole 20 CI Hot Rod there.

Comment

Rick, On the fence watching the omc mag proposal for Merc 20CI in A-MOD........But looks like I won't have time to put one together so will leave the 20 Merc and bring the 22 OMC for A-MOD and the 20 Minute to convert, Bayer pipe and filler for 25MOD..... Did not want to do that much wrench'n but..... DATS RACE"N..... Y'ALL !!
          SEEEEEE YAAAAAA Doc in da first turn!...... IN MY WAKE !!
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Where are the 25 mercs?

Comment

• greatpumpkin
              greatpumpkin commented
              Editing a comment
              Elek broke ours at huntington! Rod,case, cylinders,crank,etc.

• charlieblackwoodt47
              charlieblackwoodt47 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know Tom and I will have one there thats 2 25 mercs thus far.

Good deal Steve. Glad you are coming. Thinking we might be up to 6 now. Will be a good race and good to see some 400's on the water. Rick

Comment

Jeff- looking forward to running against the hot rod and seeing you all.. Rick

Comment

Rick, we are only bringing 20 hydro, CSH and 500 mod hydro, if you have anything that needs a driver outside of those classes, I volunteer Matt.

Comment

Joejohn, we are bringing another(3) the omc takes the same height as an y80. Would be great to get Matt to hook one one and see you all run with us. You need a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick34-0 View Post
                    Good deal Steve. Glad you are coming. Thinking we might be up to 6 now. Will be a good race and good to see some 400's on the water. Rick
                    Back on the fence Rick,

Equipment just not ready and now presented this week with issues with a house I'm carrying land contract on..........
                    Chautauqua County, NY. requires all septic systems history (this place built in the 40's has no history documented),specification for number of bedrooms, and testing be brought up to code before a deed can transfer as of Jan ! 2016....
                    SOOOOooooo at minimum I am looking at a new documented leach bed and if tank not adequate, that also with the possibility of a mound system!
                    All of this for the sale of a $49K home that I have $40K in over 23 years.........POOP! (price adjustment and possible repo looming)

Kinda puts buying The "Mad Russian" and racing this season outside of 2-3 favorite events in da $hitr.
                    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-14-2016, 03:33 AM.
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Tested our 2 OMC this evening, we can say it went well. I hope the nursing home had their TV turned up.

Comment

Steve. Hope you can make it but understand house deal. Rick

Comment

can the stock 25xs run in the 400 mod class ?

Comment

Originally posted by charlieblackwoodt47 View Post
                            can the stock 25xs run in the 400 mod class ?
                            I'm just quoting this off the APBA Website below. Maybe the 25XS can "step up" as a legal 350ccMH ??

In addition, the 25XS in 350ccMH has a 1" below bottom as a maximum propshaft height.

350cc Modified Hydro
                            Cubic Inch Piston Displacement 15 up to and including 20 C.I.
                            Motors Permitted:Swanson Champion or American Hot Rod “B” Mercury MK20H,
                            MK20, KG7 and similar 2.440 nominal bore cylinders with Mercury, manufactured
                            interchangeable bolt pattern (2.125 stroke) crankcase assembly, made for either stock
                            racing or service use, mounted on Mercury A-B racing lower units, Yamato 80 with 1999
                            B Class Y80 specs. The OMC and Mercury 25 Hydro engines will be legal for the 350cc
                            Mod Hydro class.

350cc Modified Runabout
                            Motors Permitted
                            Same engines and specifications that are used in 350cc Mod Hydro and 400cc M
                            od Hydro. The 25XS Mercury engine is legal for the 350cc Mod Runabout class.

400cc Modified Hydro
                            Cubic Inch Piston Displacement 22.0 up to and including 22.1 C.I.
                            Motors Permitted: Mercury 25SS. Mercury 22.0 cu. in. powerhead to date. OMC 22.1 cu.
                            in. powerhead 1970 to date. Mercury MK20H, MK20, KG7 and similar 2.440 nominal
                            bore cylinders with Mercury, manufactured interchangeable bolt pattern (2.125 stroke)
                            crankcase assembly, made for either stock racing or service use, mounted on Mercury
                            A-B racing lower units. The 20 cu in Hot Rod rotor valve motor is legal to
                            compete in the 400ccMH class with a minimum weight of 370 pounds. Current specs and
                            rules for the 350cc Hot Rod are found in the Modified Tech Manual.
                            Last edited by 25xs; 04-15-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X