Ecuador 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecuador 2017

Looking to head back to Ecuador in 2017. I own a 302 and I would like to plan on taking it with me next year. With that said, they are thinking of doing a super mod class which basically means to them, no rules on what you can do to the motor. I know the 302s are well over engineered and can be opened up quite a bit. But what are some of your thoughts on what can be done to gain maximum hp? Also, would the motor be able to hold up against nitrous if I can make that work? Like I said. Pretty much anything goes. Let's hear what ya got. Thanks!

Most of the guys racing there change the gears to 13-15. I think if 12-15 were available they would change to that.

Comment

My plan is to buy a hatchet gear foot with 12/15 gears. But I'm after what really can open the motor up.

Comment

I have not heard of this super mod class. Where did you hear about that?
        If I were gonna do what you're thinking, I would definitely go with a Komato lite unit, and a mod tower. You'll gain a lot by getting rid of that ungainly exhaust snout behind the prop.

Comment

Jeff it is still being discussed amongst their club. But they were already talking about it when we all finished up after the race.

Comment

Do you want to be pushing 80 in a 25SSR hull? On that water? Brave guy!

Comment

Haha. I'd love to Ryan!! I was already hitting 72 this year. What's another 8 mph? Ha

Comment

I'm sure they will recover quickly, but Ecuador just had and earthquake in the coastal fishing villages area, which includes Guayaquil.

"QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — A powerful, 7.8-magnitude earthquake shook Ecuador's central coast on Saturday, killing at least 41 people and spreading panic hundreds of kilometers (miles) away as it collapsed homes and buckled a major overpass.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the shallow quake, the strongest since 1979 to hit Ecuador, was centered 27 kilometers (16 miles) south-southeast of Muisne, a sparsely populated area of fishing ports that's popular with tourists.

Vice President Jorge Glas said in a televised address that there were initial reports of 41 dead in the cities of Manta, Portoviejo and Guayaquil — all several hundred kilometers (miles) from where the quake struck shortly after nightfall. He said the death toll is likely to rise as reports from the worst-hit areas come in."

Comment

Working...
                X