Book Author

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Author

Does anybody have any information on the author of this book ?

Peter Hunn, upstate NY, mainly active in vintage outboard and boat circles,
    May be seen at many AOMCI & ACBS events in the NE and Canada , and often a judge
    at the Clayton NY shows. He has successfully published at least six books on vintage outboards.
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Brian , would you have any contact information for him . Thanks Dale

Comment

Peter Hunn is a member of the Antique Outboard Motor Club and has written many books related to collecting old outboard motors. He does have a strong interest in outboard racing motors and does have a small collection of them. If you send me an e-mail at sutermh@gmail.com, I will send you contact info.

Comment

He is a Professor at SUNY Oswego.

He also lives on a Lake that we use to race on (Silver Lake) located in Fulton.
          Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

• dwhitford
            dwhitford commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah-h-h ... what great ol' venue! I'll expect John McManus (aka 'rumleyfips') to chime in.

I never raced there (Stock only, and I'm an Alky guy) but I did attend one regatta where a real Indian Pow-Wow was going on in the property adjacent to the pits ... bought a few artifacts.

Silver Lake was my favourite place Dave. A lake with no docks, no cottages, no houses, no pleasure boats; perfect. Three pin turns and long straights bur small enough to have flat water most of the time. Plus there was a bar right on site. I saw a picture somewhere that showed the lake, now developed with houses, docks, and maybe a marina and a restaurant. With up to 127 boats from NY,PA, J , Conn , Fl, Maine etc. John Stone and Pat Davids ran off a lot of heats in a day.

Here are some images from the 70,s. Tara the wonder dog and me ; I'm the one with the wings. A couple of my ASR's and pits with Tom Utman, Gord McReady and helpers.

Comment

• Dew1us
            Dew1us commented
            Editing a comment
            The 4th pick looks like my dad about to go out.

• rumleyfips
            rumleyfips commented
            Editing a comment
            Dew: I see that now. I think that's me in a Dan Naegle T shirt, probably holding Dan's boat so it was CSH. Tara the wonder dog is in the shot too.

• werners racing
            werners racing commented
            Editing a comment
            us werner sure had are share of fun at silverlake and was taught from the best who is john mcmanus anyway

A couple more photos. BSH with Tom running well.

Comment

No docks, no pleasure boats, lots of Mercury motors and a beer truck... That would be my favorite too.

Comment

Great photos John; with Gord 9-CE and Tom 16-CE. I ran my last race there in the 60's in 111-CE.
              Jim Pakeman took my boat down as Bob W had moved to the Maritimes and I lost my ride. It was
              a primitive race site by standards today but priceless then. I wonder why it took so long for me to start
              racing again? Thanks John.

Comment

I remember that boat Mike. The second picture is the boat I loaned to Bob for the Canadian nationals in the late 70's. I wasn't there, but I think he spun three times and won. I still have hopes of 60's pictures from you and Gord.

​Primitive ! It was paradise drinking beer there on a Saturday night and listening to the big block modified running at the Oswego track ten miles away.

Comment

Working...
                X