Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Orange Cup Regatta - Saturday photos online now

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Chris Fabro in the black boat broke the record for csr by 8 seconds. Howie Nichols in the other Fabro built boat would have broken the record also. The Fabro's boats are getting faster and faster.
    82F
    Mark O'Brien

Comment

Congratulations Chris and Co., that's haulin the mail! And your boats are looking great too.
      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• crfabbro2F
        crfabbro2F commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks appreciate it!

It looks like Chris is running a 321. Take a look at the carb cover.

Tim
      Tim Weber

Comment

Great job guys.............that Lakeland water saturday was 'the perfect storm'. I don't think i ever remember it being that raceable and smooth for Outboards!!

Was that record 'outright' or a newly 'established' record under the format the SORC set up a couple years ago?? Yes, it looks like a new 321 Yamato!! Sweet!!
        Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 03-06-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• rball82
          rball82 commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny you say that Matt. Looks like unraceable for today so far.

• Matt Dagostino
          Matt Dagostino commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol................well at least they got one day of good race water. I remember in the 1980's if you got one day of racing in it was a home run at Lakeland. Maybe the wind will let up this afternoon for them..

• Racerkyle20
          Racerkyle20 commented
          Editing a comment
          That record was not a "newly established record" or 95%. It used to be mine, followed by Kyle Lewis in 2013. Now it's Fabro's. Congrats to him. Those boats are looking awfully familiar too
          Last edited by Racerkyle20; 03-08-2016, 12:44 AM.

What size course?

Comment

The course was 1 mile 3 laps. Water conditions for Saturday was the best in years. Chris Fabbro broke the existing CSR record from the SO rule change a few years ago. Not to take nothing away from his feat, the old record must have just been over the 90% factor and would answer the question how he beat it by 8 seconds. It was a 321 powerhead and I guess I am the first one to inspect it.
          Sunday the wind was about 13 mph and gusting in the morning. The race committee was going to run the Stock classes in the morning, which of course was impossible with the white caps. They said they would hold us until the end of the schedule. Based on that fact and the wind not abating by noon, we all decided to go home figuring they couldn't get to us. As it turned out, it was the right choice by us. In one of the last two classes the Inboards had to run, there was a blow over and the races ended. We wouldn't have run with that dilemma. As far as I know, the driver was check by the medical people and was OK.

Comment

• Racerkyle20
            Racerkyle20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well two things. 1) the record Fabro beat was not a 90% factored record (or 95%). It was a record Kyle Lewis broke from me, which I had broke in 2011. The record I broke in 2011 was not a 95% record either, it was over the 20 year old rec. 2) Fabro smashed this record. It was a mile record and he went 61mph, that's his avg. obviously and most likely was his actual corner speed! The mile and quarter course record is 59mph and the mile and 2/3 course is 62mph. Those are all established records well beyond the old grandfathered records.

The fact that he was only 1 mph off the mile and 2/3 course record is pretty impressive and fast. Congrats to him.

http://www.apba.org/node/5744
            Last edited by Racerkyle20; 03-08-2016, 01:25 AM.
        Working...
        X