Mod kick out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod kick out

What would be a good height/ kick out to start at when testing a brand new 10' Austin hull? Motor being used is a 302 with a megaphone exhaust and stock 302 gear foot.

A 302 on a 10 ft. Austin?

Your asking for trouble. I wouldn't!

Tim
    Tim Weber

Comment

• Jack Stotts
      Jack Stotts commented
      Editing a comment
      I use to have a 10' Austin and ran a 102 on it as well as a 25XS. The boat was marginal with those engines. I even ran it with the 25XS in the Top O Mich. Marathon but it was a handful. No margin for error on the drivers part. Jack Stotts

I'm racing in Ecuador. It's what they've raced for years.

Comment

• kampenracing
      kampenracing commented
      Editing a comment
      I've run open pipe Yamato C Runabouts for years. I would start it at level on the kickout and probably about 3/4 of an inch below the bottom of the boat. Make sure you watch for water.

10 ft is ok in smooth water with little waves from other boats. We use a 11 ft.

Comment

Lots of video from Ecuador showing the 10ft runabouts running Yamato & Mercury 25 engines here: https://www.youtube.com/user/GFE065/videos

Comment

They have a 3/4" below the bottom rule for your prop shaft height. They use a Brown Tool to check it. (I sent it to them)
        I think I ran kicked out 3/8".
        If you have time, turn your boat over and check it for flat!
        They build good boats, but I've never seen any of them epoxied on the bottom. The boats I saw varied a great deal on the flatness of the bottom. Your boat might be flat, or it could have a hook, or rocker.

Comment

• jeff55v
          jeff55v commented
          Editing a comment
          Add: Nelson Sotomayor imported a pair of good American CSR boats to Ecuador. They are dogs. Too big and too heavy to compete with the smaller Ecuador boats.
      Working...
      X