Breaking News - Thunder on the Narrows powerboat races canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News - Thunder on the Narrows powerboat races canceled

The cancellation comes one year after a high-speed crash into a group of spectators that left a 7-year-old girl dead and several others injured.

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Sorry Im not buying Wheeler's claim of shallow water. 26 years later and not enough water, ok. *I have attended this race since I was a teenager so Im not just spouting off. Does anyone know if there is a pending legal case against APBA and the child's family? this was a dark day for boat racing last summer. The race is only about 30 mins from my home so Im very familiar with it.
    Last edited by HRTV; 02-18-2016, 12:00 PM.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Dan, I don't know where they actually race at this site but my understanding is that with tide changes there are place in that bay area that are only 4 ft deep, some less? They race in the bay near the Yacht Club correct?

"Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Dan,

With all due respect if there is a pending legal case with APBA or the insurance carrier I don't think this matter should be in this forum or any for that matter.

It was a sad in our sport and I'm sure Mr.Wheeler and the board have this matter in hand.

any chance you could post something other than tragic deaths or mayhem in our sport?

Regards, Carl

Comment

I think Dan is talking about Wheeler Baker, president of KNRA...Not APBA's Wheeler.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• HRTV
          HRTV commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct Wheeler Baker

Why are we posting this? ?

Comment

• HRTV
          HRTV commented
          Editing a comment
          I've attended this race since I was a teenager now in my 50s I feel it's relevant news to the powerboat racing community at large. HydroRacer.Net which I started back in the early 2000s covers all racing news, the good the bad and the ugly.

Dan,
        Please feel free to post the hundreds of awesome races that are on for 2016.
        - Mike

Comment

Dan,
        Btw we lost one of our favorite race sites, Burlington WI, because the water got too shallow over time.
        - Mike

Comment

• HRTV
          HRTV commented
          Editing a comment
          Understood

I have heard from VERY reliable sources that in fact with changing tides parts of the race course have silted in and there is not enough water to comply with the minimum 4' at all times at all places on the track. the pending litigation did not cause the race to be canceled. From the J program stand point it hurts because the region 4 Jhydro "lend a boat" program and the Junior racing has always been a great success there

Comment

Working...
        X