Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John(Guido)Peeters 499R sports new tow veichle for the 2016 season

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

That's hilarious!

Funnier than my [ REALLY] pulling my vintage 250ccH with a Chevy Cruze!! (Back seats folded down to accommodate all the alky, tools, launching horse, & such other necessary accessories ...)
    Last edited by dwhitford; 01-30-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

No one can say you're overcompensating now.

Comment

Back in 1973 & 74 I had a 1972 Vega GT that I hauled a Margay Concept with McCulloch power, the electric starter, fuel, spare tools and parts, along with my dad, O. F. Christner, and my nephew, who sat on the emergency brake, to many kart races in St. Pete, FL.

I remember in 1975, going to Winona, MN to the races and witnessing the legend Jeff Hutchison, who came all the way up from FL in the tiniest of the earliest Honda cars, with a Butts A Hydro on the roof racks and a Konig A in the back hatch area. It can be done.

Regards,

Paul

Comment

• Fastjack
          Fastjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Raced Karts @ the Bayfront Center a few years later- Squirrel had the kart track on US 19 and REM track in clearwater -

Dang, Paul, I wish I'd thought of that, because I had one of those cars, a '72 Honda Z Coupe with a 650cc parallel-twin air-cooled motorcycle engine. I had cartopped with my '60 VW beetle, and still had the rack, which could have been modified for the Honda. Would have made a good photo, today. Not as good as Peeters' though. If he ditched the trailer and put a hydro on top of that car, he could do some hang-gliding when he heads downhill from the pass . . .
        Last edited by Smitty; 01-30-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised the front wheels didn't lift off of the ground when he dropped the trailer onto the ball.

Comment

• mercguy
            mercguy commented
            Editing a comment
            makes it easier to pop wheelies!! And....that ain't no ordinary Smart Car..............it has just about every performance
            accessory available added on it.........

That just looks so wrong.....I remember the first time I saw long time D stock racer Craig Fjarlie pull up to a wildcat race with his brand new D stock hydro on top of a diesel VW rabbit.....overloaded? nah. And I also heard that Ric Montoya pulled a C stock runaboat to a race behind his motorcycle....

Comment

I can believe anyone would even make a trailer hitch for that thing
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              I can believe anyone would even make a trailer hitch for that thing

Technically... It's not a trailer hitch, it's actually a dealer accessory bracket used to hang the car on the wall of your garage when not in use. Although there is a hole in the bracket where a trailer hitch ball could be installed I guess.

Comment

• runabout333
                runabout333 commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL!!! Trully Funny!!!

Looks unsafe to me and there's a lot of tongue weight with no rear storage box and that metal box in front of the boats. Is there enough room for engines and stuff in the back of the car ? It's a joke right ?
              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
              X