2016 APBA National Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 APBA National Meeting

So, the National Meeting has begun and there is still no official agenda, no chatter, nada. I even checked the "social site" nada!! Anyone going the share the happenings, the agenda items, the proposed rule changes?

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
    So, the National Meeting has begun and there is still no official agenda, no chatter, nada. I even checked the "social site" nada!! Anyone going the share the happenings, the agenda items, the proposed rule changes?
    Well from my sources there I know that a few meetings did happen today such as race management,new class and BOD.

not much to report other than there was something about schedule changes and some words on the "stickergate" thing in the BOD.

But the bar is open and dinner time, perhaps we will hear more tomorrow.

Comment

Tentative meeting schedule is listed under Schedules and Results on APBA home page.

Is a .pdf file at bottom of page on 2016 National Meeting listing.

Pete
      Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

Well that is a start but must be something more definitive by now since the meeting has started.
        Attached Files

Comment

"SOA has been awarded the stock nationals to moses lake, WA in 2018 by the sorc! Proposals for Mod and j to join are soon". per Seattle Outboard.

Comment

Ed Hearn is on Facebook with updates if you want to check it out................

Comment

Sure, but where on facebook? Can't find a thing on the APBA National Meeting page!

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                Matt Dagostino commented
                Editing a comment
                Ed Hearn................his personal Facebook page. I am sure you are friends with him...))

I am standing by my original thought that APBA is becoming a secret society. Unless you have the vacation time and money to travel to the national meeting you will not see any information coming out of it. For some of us that trip would use up all our vacation and we wouldn't be able to support boat racing by attending local events. Sure would like to see some information..... somewhere. Nothing on the official site the "social" site, zero zippo zilch.

Comment

• dwhitford
                dwhitford commented
                Editing a comment
                Not all of us have -- or even want to use -- Facebook, Matt, myself among 'em. I stand by Mrs. Blueskyracer's idea that such national results should be more nearly public, if not here on Hydroracer, then more promptly on the APBA website.

• Matt Dagostino
                Matt Dagostino commented
                Editing a comment
                Dave...............agreed. But i am just being the messenger. Ed elected to use facebook as a format to communicate info. I guess others could have posted here on Hydroracer but opted not too......

• Mrs blueskyracer
                Mrs blueskyracer commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried Edward Hearn personal facebook page and there was nothing regarding the national meeting there. It is the Edward Hearn with 16 mutual friends so guessing it's the right one.

The issue with the APBA website is that Ryan Berlin, former director, has left APBA and there is nobody available to do the work to post things.....trust me, I feel it's important to let people know what's going on.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                Matt Dagostino commented
                Editing a comment
                Dave, if you feel it so important to let the people know what's going on why arn't you posting on this thread at the end of the day's meeting?? Perhaps you are more into the bar scene in the evening??? Just kidding. Stay thirsty my friend.

I share the same frustration.
              One would "think" the Nat's Meeting agenda would be splat in the middle of the Apba Website.

Maybe I should apply for that job? I need something to do . . .

Comment

Sure wouldn't take very long for one of the many hydroracer members that is actually at the meeting to make a post here on hydroracer so we could ALL know what was going on. Just Saying, we have a resource here that pretty much everyone uses and it can be used from a mobile device.

Comment

I am just getting to checking e mails etc. After attending my first ever National meeting. I appreciate everyone's anticipation of all that unfolded in Chicago this year. I did attend ALL of the modified meetings, and the annual meeting. I was familiar with most of the people, who do most of the work required to keep a membership run organization operating. I can only report back the highlights of the modified category, any and all of your region commissioners can also report any facts i may have missed. No major changes to any modified classes were made by the modified commision, there were some incidental , minor updates and clearing up of wording on several class rules, that were all part of the propsed agenda. The meetings were very well run, and the modified commisions ability to make decisions collectively, was perhaps the most positive Attribute going forward for the category. The annual meeting was quick and uneventful. I know a lot of the APBA members attending the meeting were from areas affected by the blizzard of 2016. I am sure given a little time, a more detailed, accurate report will be forthcoming. Overall it was a great event and I look forward to being part of the small, dedicated, uncompensated team of elected officials going forward.

Comment

Working...
                  X