Tabor City J classes Roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabor City J classes Roll call

Junior classes AX and J.....who is coming?

1- AXR
    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Still undecided. Is the race still officially TENTATIVE?

Comment

• wrath of cron
        wrath of cron commented
        Editing a comment
        don't know what is on apba's page but the race is on.

1- AXR

Comment

Tabor City is on! As usual Tom Watson our insurance man is holding up the sanction over ambulance and porta john liability certificates!

Comment

• David Weaver
          David Weaver commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve, Porta Jon liability insurance can be touchy issue!

looks like a lot of the region 1 kids will be there.....

Comment

Some of the New England "J Crew" will invade Tabor City this October. Counting the Cron's and their new driver, Les, we should bring down 4 JH, 5 JR, 5 AXH and 4 AXR. Possibly more to come! We will bring some "Baahstin" Baked Beans and Patriot Hot Dogs if we can figure out how to deflate them!

Comment

"She who must be obeyed" (Eli's mom) has spoken. Eli (42-A) WILL be at Tabor City for JSH and AXH. We're lookin' to hitch a ride for his blue runabout from northern New England. If anybody has any ideas please speak up here. Thanks -LarryR

Comment

• Scott Deware
              Scott Deware commented
              Editing a comment
              Larry,

Give me a call. Lily is begging to go but I'm still on the fence but sharing some driving time and travel expense might just convince me.

Scott

well there goes the neighborhood........

Comment

Our latest plan (thanks to Scott's post above, and subsequent phone calls) is that Eli will be there ready to run JSH, AXH, JSR, and AXR . That'll close out 2015; Happy Halloween - We'll come up with a plan for the Pot Luck contribution, but it probably won't be as interesting as the one for Kingston .

Comment

Last night I heard from another J/AX team who will be there this weekend....looks like there will be a lot of the kids running. FULL classes in ALL the junior division !

Comment

The kids ripped it up.....9 boat AXR and 9 boat AXH, VERY competitive !!!! I think 7 kids ran JR, and 7 JH also very competitive....., not that I am biased BUT I think the best racing of the weekend was the AX classes on saturday

Comment

• LarryR
                    LarryR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wouldn't argue with that, WOC, except we were so busy with setups that I honestly didn't see much of the big kids races. We're probably equally biased. In any case, it was a great weekend.

Originally posted by wrath of cron View Post
                  The kids ripped it up.....9 boat AXR and 9 boat AXH, VERY competitive !!!! I think 7 kids ran JR, and 7 JH also very competitive....., not that I am biased BUT I think the best racing of the weekend was the AX classes on saturday
                  I think you're right Charlie. From inside turn one all weekend, I saw a lot of excellent driving in all four of the J classes. The only advice I'd like to offer the kids is, before entering the turns make sure you look to your inside to make sure you leave enough room for another driver that may be there. And also, I noticed a tendency of many of the drivers heading almost straight to the entrance bouy and having to turn to the right just before the turn. As you are coming out of a turn and you're going down a straightaway aim your boat a little more to the right of the entrance bouy to give yourself a smoother arc around the turns. When you have to make an adjustment in the straightaway (to the right) it slows you down! Always try to avoid turning right, if that fin digs in things could get dangerous.
                  Great job kids!

John

Comment

Working...
                  X