Transom height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom height

Can someone tell me the transom height for a Mercury A motor. We have the boat ,but not the motor yet.We will run AXH then shim the transom for ASH. This measurement has to be perpendictular to the bottom, not measured on the angle of the transom.

The height limitations are shown in the APBA Rule Books which are on line. Go to apba.org and select resources at the right side of the horizontal menu and select Rule books. Then select Stock from the badges(top row) shown and scroll down to height requirements. For ASH the height is 1-3/8" below the bottom (Safety rule#4). For the ASH do much the same but use the Junior badge selection (Safety Rule #3). The ASH height is 1. Jack
    Last edited by Jack Stotts; 09-11-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

He wants to know the actual height of the merc...from transom clamps down the mid-section probably to the center of the gear case bullet. I can measure one when I get home this evening...

Comment

bmitch1,yes you are right,I need to know the actual tramsom height. I know the measurements for the motor height. 13/8in. for AXH--1in. for ASH

Comment

19 1/2" from the clamps to the centerline of the bullet on the racing gearcase...

Keep in mind you need to allow for:
          - whatever additional depth you'll need under individual class rules (as discussed above);
          - any angle induced height adjustments for motor tuck;
          - your transom angle - if you're running an 18° transom it will reduce your height perpendicular to the planing surface almost 1" further.

It's easier to remove a little transom later and add small shims, than it is to try to add a bunch back on...

Hope it helps!

Comment

Our AX boats are 17 3/4" - 18" at a perpendicular measurement off the bottom.
            Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Chris, Thanks, that is exactly the measurement I needed.

Comment

Working...
              X