Hunter Grimes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Grimes...

To all who are not aware, Hunter Grimes passed peacefully in his sleep on Friday Night in his home surrounded by family and friends. I have attached a link to his obituary that he authored. At the bottom of the obituary there is information about a memorial service which is being held this coming Saturday. Also there is information regarding where Hunter would like any donations sent.

I have know and raced against this amazing person for over a decade. They don't make them any stronger or more honorable then this man. He will truly be missed.

Race in Peace Hunter......

To his obituary - http://newzjunky.com/obits2015/0905grimesobit.htm
    Last edited by Richie23N; 09-08-2015, 07:09 AM.

My condolences to the family and Rest In Peace Hunter.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
    JH/JR

Comment

I have only been racing a Short few years now . More than anyone else, Hunter took the time to advise of what i was doing as a driver, and what i needed to do. His words and directions at Tabor City this past april will forever be with me.

Comment

We will all miss Hunter! What a great guy who had the will and the ability to do whatever he wanted to do. That's an accomplishment. I appreciate his military service in a duty that was not for the weak at heart. I believe that I am a better person having known Hunter. Rest in piece my friend!

Comment

Richie said it best - Race in Peace Hunter!. Was a really fast 850MH and the boats are my favorite racing color - yellow!

My condolences to the family.

Bob Koschka - 94H Owners Club

Comment

Boat racing lost a real great guy. Rest in peace Hunter. My condolences to the family
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Our condolences.............Hunter always had a smile on his face and a hand shake that would break most peoples wrist!! Matt and Val.

Comment

So sorry to here of hunters passing, He skoold me when i ran feh. and told me not to (crowd) like csh. my condolences to the family.

Comment

Hunter was great guy and he will be missed. He taught me about racing with really informative advice.
                  He taught me a great recipe for pike chowder. He taught me how to be competitive and how to be
                  humble by example. He even entered a CSR race a few years ago and beat me of course! I hope he
                  is in a sunny place running FEH whenever he wants.I will miss you Hunter. Mike Rorke

Comment

I was in the pits with his dad, and raced FEH against him.
                    We were talking of a moose hunt in Newfoundland.
                    That will now have to wait .
                    I will miss him......
                    Last edited by bh/; 09-08-2015, 08:24 PM. Reason: sp?
                    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

I just read Hunters obituary and hope everyone will take time to read it. Hunter was a great guy and will be missed by all of us who knew him. My condolences to the family. RIP Hunter.

Comment

Hunter and I worked a patrol boat together at Millville, NJ in 2007, just before my near-fatal accident in 20SSH. I don't remember any of our conversation that day but in subsequent years he and I would talk about our separate times as Navy divers in Vietnam. He was a helluva guy. I am truly sorry for his loss.

Comment

Rest in peace, Hunter. Our condolences to his family. He will be missed by all of his boat racing family as well.

the Runne family

Comment

I knew of Hunter Grimes within racing, but we really did not attend the same events. However, I did spend one flight of patrol boat duty with him in Lock Haven years ago. I will never forget those two hours. We struck up a conversation that somehow turned to his time in Vietnam as a Seal. It was incredible, I was disappointed that the flight ended and we had to come in. As we motored to the shore I knew I was in the presence of a truly great man and patriot. That was probably the last time I spoke with him, but I will remember the conversation and the man forever.

Race in Peace
                            Dean 12M

Comment

Condolences to all his family and friends. He will be missed by all of his boat racing family.
                              Race in Peace.

Williams Racing
                              Brian 10s

Comment

Working...
                              X