Thunder Cats - Cool breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Cats - Cool breed

Watching some of the super Top-O footage I have to say I was impressed with the Thunder Cats (inflatable boats). Can those things compete in closed course racing for example like our stock & mod rectangular courses. And, I may be totally in the dark here posting this, but are they presently doing that kind of closed course racing? Or is it just marathons or some other format? Whatever, could they be put on a normal (yeh I hear ya) stock/mod closed course sanction?

We used to run them with our stock outboard classes here in Canada, on the same oval courses. Occasionally they would put in a right hand turn somewhere on the course just to make it interesting for them. Fralick Brothers, Andrew and Graham were big supporters of the class, they could elaborate more.

Comment

ThunderCats can easily race on any stock outboard course. We've run them at Waterford many times and it's only 5/8 mile or so tri oval. Yes adding in a single buoy inside the oval to add a right hand corner makes it much more fun for both the racers and spectators and doesn't interfere with the oval race track. We can start with clock, or flag, or lemans/beach. We can handle any water condition up to about 10 foot waves, so if your program gets blown out we can still put on a show for the spectators if need be. ThunderCats race in 3 formats... circuit, ocean surf, and marathon. A race site can have any race format that suits. Speeds of ThunderCats range from about 50mph to 65 mph in circuit race trim setup. They have been hosted at virtually all types of racing events.... Stock, Mod, Inboard, Offshore, Unlimited, PWC, etc. ThunderCat class P750 is a true world class competing in 18 countries last I counted with off the shelf equipment that you can use with the family on off weekends. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me or contact Deon Victor at www.inflatableboatracing.com

The world Championships are in Malta this year and the Worlds has an open invite to any team from Canada or USA that would like to go. They will supply equipment. We went in 2013 and had an absolute blast. If anyone is interested in this, let me know.

Andrew

Fralick Racing
      Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

They ran with the program at Huntington Ind in June on a tight coarse without any issues . It was a nice change of pace .

Comment

Working...
        X