Runnecraft back in operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnecraft back in operation

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have decided to rejoin the boat building community. Stock, Mod and J, runabouts and hydroplanes. Over 40 years experience. My contact information is: John Runne 110 Spring Water ct. New Bern N.C. 28560 or j.runne@hotmail.com or 252-636-9007. Please leave a message referring to boat racing or I can't guarantee a response.

Farmer John Runne: Glad to see you are back building boats. People, if you want a quality built race boat, talk to John. Some of you newer guys may not know the quality of John's work but I can assure you it is top notch. Consider him for your next race boat.

Mike DeLisa
    Outboard Paradise.com

Comment

I'm proud to say Runnecraft had a very successful weekend in Hinton, W. Va. with our first (in 25 years) B Stock Runabout. Right out of the box on friday testing, Ryan came in from the maiden voyage (3 laps), grinning from ear to ear. All he said was "Dad, you nailed it". From the shoreline, I could tell this was going to be a fun weekend. Next though was the main question, it drove well, handled the rough water and turned smoothly and fast. But will it be fast enough to compete with the competition that was there? With decent but not great starts, Ryan was in the hunt in every heat. Racing competitively against Richard Hearn, Peter Lauer & Dylan Runne among others was certainly a high enough standard to convince me that we're on the right track. I don't think he won any of the heats but he ran 2nd at least twice and no worse than 3rd between the two days. Switching over to 25SSR I believe Ryan got 2nd both days. Saturday, Scott Reed came out on top passing Ryan in the last turn, and Sunday it was Chuck Zolkoski chasing him down after two laps of Ryan running out front.

By the way, Sidewinder lovers. BSH was the biggest class of the weekend!

So, if anybody is desiring a new Stock or Mod runabout or hydro, please consider a Runnecraft. If an order is placed within the next week, I can deliver at Wakefield.

Ph. 252-636-9007 or email j.runne@hotmail.com

P.S. If anybody has any pictures of Ryan in the runabout from this weekend, I'd love it if you could post them on this thread. Thanks
      Last edited by csh-2z; 06-03-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Here are a few images from Friday's testing.

Tom Burwinkle
        11-K
        sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Thanks Tom. Good shots.

Comment

Great looking boat. I was wondering who built it. Nice lines.

Comment

Thanks Kevin. I built it this spring. Tomorrow I think I'm going to start a new BSH to replace the one I lost last year. Should be fun.

Comment

Got to ask John...I've lost many of things over the years,props, tools, an engine...how did you lose a boat?
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                  Got to ask John...I've lost many of things over the years,props, tools, an engine...how did you lose a boat?
                  Don,

I believe he meant the one that Ryan busted up at the nationals. LOL

Comment

The one that got damaged at the Nationals was back on the water at Lock Haven and is what he is running currently. The one we lost was the boat we had run for the last 5 years.
                    On our way home from Millville the strap holding the back of the boat (the boat was facing back over the trailer box) broke. Somewhere between Harve de Grace Md. and Richmond Va. it flew off the trailer, never to be seen again. We circled back 120 mi. and retraced our route but never even saw a scrap.
                    Probably the best boat I ever had, gone. Fortunately, somehow it didn't cause any accidents on the highway. Must have been suicide.

Comment

When the gods needed a race boat they reached down from heaven and plucked up my RunneCraft.
                      Ryan Runne
                      9-H
                      Wacusee Speedboats
                      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Thanks Ryan! I feel a whole lot better about that now.

Comment

After some awesome performances in Wakefield I hope some of you will consider a new Runnecraft as your next investment in Stock or Modified boat racing.

Comment

I love my RUNNECRAFT. "All I can say"

Comment

• bill hoctor
                              bill hoctor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              BEST BUILT BOATS BY A BOAT RACER !
                          Working...
                          X