Brand new D stock, D mod hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new D stock, D mod hydro

Have to sell my brand new D stock hydro. Hull is 90% composite, with cockpit sides being constructed out of Nomex core honeycomb bonded to 6 mil Okume and a layer of carbon fiber. Pretty strong. Dimensions are 83 afterplane, 38 bottom, 54 inch sponsons, 2 inches of lift at the back of the sponsons. No cockpit offset. Ran the boat testing, things went very well. $3250 complete with one year old hardware. I also have a spare powerhead I am selling..if you want both price would be $4000. A pretty good deal. Only reason I am selling is no dental insurance....crowns are expensive! lol. Message me here or call me at 425 246 4710. Thanx

see PM
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

is that the one i drove at lawrence or the brand new one

Comment

Thanx for the advice Zul. I have a dental plan called "Careington" which is not insurance, but rather a way to get discounts at participating dental offices. I was sort of taken aback when I find out that the plan does not cover crowns. Not a huge deal. I play 3 on 3 basketball in a 6 foot and under leauge, and have had 3 molars whacked by stray elbows. (we play hard) Anyway back to the boat....I have a series of pics taken from when the cockpit sides were installed on the jig to the painting process. I am very proud of this boat, I did everything myself, from drawing up the plans to applying the final coat of clear and wet sanding it down to polishing most of the hardware so it looks like chrome. If anybody wants I will be happy to send pics of the entire process. Dave

Comment

• ZUL8TR
          ZUL8TR commented
          Editing a comment
          For future info the Aetna Dental Access is a discount plan processed thru Carington. It gives discounts on crowns at least my dentist did. Need to always check B4 service to get latest coverage with any of these discount plans.

Almost forgot....boat you drove at Yelm is boat I constructed in 2011. They are almost identical. Dave

Comment

Mike: Got your pm.....e mail addy was incorrect and pics came back to me. This is not the same boat I ran at Whitney Point in 2013....same paint job, just a few subtle changes, mostly in material. To answer your questions: In my opinion, most D stock hydros built for the 44XS do not work well for the Tohatsu. The Merc has more top end but less tork.....I found that bottom width under 38 does not work all that well...I also did not put any offset in either boat....some racers have complained about tork steer going down the straightaway....to compensate for that I changed the fin angle slightly and increased the twist in hull before putting decks on. It would be hard for me at this time to meet you halfway for delivery....my tow rig is in shop as I type this getting a new transmission....hate to use my work rig to tow over the mountains. I have a rough idea as to how much it would be to ship powerhead....boat I have no idea. Send me another pvt message or send me an e mail and I will re-send pics. Daveracerdsh@aol.com. Thanx

Comment

Boat and powerhead are sold. Thank you for all the pvt messages etc. Rig is going to a newer racer in region ten....he is a good guy and I am happy he is getting stuff. Dave

Comment

Dang Dave I just saw your ad to sell boat. I would have had you bring it to Oklahoma and would have traded the dental work for your equipment. Maybe next time.
              Rick Miller
              What's up Doc Racing

Comment

Now u tell me....lol. Dental work is not a huge deal 1 crown is done, 2nd needs to be done this week. Had a root canal for whataver reason was not done right in the first place,, That is the one that is gonna be expensive, considering I have spent almost 2 k on it. But what the heck...we only live once.

Comment

What a shame that you had to sell a boat you just put all of that work into, Dave. I'm told that at some point I need to get some crowns, but when they gave me an estimate, I started checking on good dentists in Mexico and Nicaragua ( I know someone there). Even after air-fare, I'd save a pile (plus get to be a tourist for a bit).

Comment

honestly not a huge deal. boat is going to a region ten guy that wants to run d so its a win win situation. not the least bit worried about it. Its just a boat

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                      have had 3 molars whacked by stray elbows.
                      I wonder if the elbows were really "strays"???
                      LOL!
                      http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X