Y302 Sparkplugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y302 Sparkplugs

While looking for replacement sparkplugs for my Y302 (on third set of R7424A-9s I had), discovered NGK no longer makes that specific plug. Talking with NGK technician, he recommends using NGK BR9ECSIX-5, stock number 6014, as it most closely represents performance of the old R7424A-9. I was initially concerned there was a difference on heat ranges but evidently the -5 on the new plug represents gap setting of .020 and has same heat range setting as the R7424A-9.

What plugs are most of you using out there with your Y302?

Thanks

Shane,

Is this an 18mm plug you are referring to?

Comment

• Shane_B
      Shane_B commented
      Editing a comment
      No - 14mm...

Try B9ES

Comment

• Shane_B
      Shane_B commented
      Editing a comment
      Good alternative, thanks - about a third of the price of the BR9ECSIX-5... does it perform well?

• ZUL8TR
      ZUL8TR commented
      Editing a comment
      Can also use B9EG part #3530 and a racing plug B9EGV part #5827 it is a fine tip and works well.

Per NGK spec:
      ES is standard electrode 3/4" reach
      EG is nickel alloy center electrode 3/4" reach
      EGV is gold palladium center electrode special construction of V type racing use, 3/4" reach

I got my NGK's from Auto Zone. for less than $5 each. They are available many other places and prices vary

On the NGK website, it states this plug has a heat range of 9. Just strange that it has a -5 part number.

Shane, I have several new and very lightly used 7424-9 plugs. I will bring them to Castle Rock for you.

http://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9574
    28-R

Comment

• Shane_B
      Shane_B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Kyle - I won't be at CR on Saturday (daughter #2 getting her sheepskin down in OR - I'll be talking in a higher octave if I miss that), will try on Sunday.

• 94H
      94H commented
      Editing a comment
      We have two 500mh national championships with that plug.

Is affordable and 302 ignition fires that plug clean. Not a real secret for power . Just an acceptable plug.

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R View Post
    On the NGK website, it states this plug has a heat range of 9. Just strange that it has a -5 part number.

Shane, I have several new and very lightly used 7424-9 plugs. I will bring them to Castle Rock for you.

http://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9574
    The BR9ECSIX-5 is a 9 heat range by the 9 after the R, as Shane_B said the -5 is a 0.020 gap.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/docs/te...bols_plugs.pdf
    Last edited by ZUL8TR; 04-29-2015, 11:10 AM. Reason: add NGK chart
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Its easy to miss the "9" in the product number that is nine digits and one dash long....
      28-R

Comment

Working...
      X