No announcement yet.

APBA vs USTS insurance cost question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking with insurance agents, most claims have come from the unlimited div.. Boat racing is one of the few motor sports that allow the public to move thru the pits. Anyone who takes part in the race needs to sign a waiver. NBRA has had a good record in insurances, as does APBA other fields such as stock and Mod.. Here in the MidWest, our lawyers work for less. One million pays for each incidents so it is possible for many millions if there are several incidents.

Comment

NBRA insurance is One Million per incident, which means if their are multiple claims each is covered for that amount, If a sponsor requires more I think it can be purchased. As Doc says NBRA safety record is superb. Our equipment to put on a safe & fast paced race is second to none. Art K

Comment

Who is the USTS using for insurance and what are the limits?

Tim

Tim Weber

Comment

K & K were the USTS insurance last year, maximum payout was $3,000. In the year 2000 APBA's insurance paid $10,000 (with K & K). Sorry to know so much, think about it often as I learn to walk again at 46 years old.

Comment

Everyone should have health or accident insurance if you race. I really liked the old AOF accident health fund. Each entry fee had a $5 fee. This was collected and if you had a accident, we wrote a $2,500 check(maximum amount) or we paid the co-pay. This fund grew to nearly $30,000. This is needed because it is run by racers and not insurance companies.

Comment

Doc, could not agree more with your comment about our own insurance. As any of us who strapped the helmet on, having our own insurance is important. That, and having our President being able to negotiate and secure an excellent insurance package directly with our carrier makes being independent a viable solution to our needs

Comment

I second Doc if you don`t have health or accident insurance. You should not be racing in any motosport. If any of the racing organiozations carried enough accident insurance to cover a major injury. The insurance fees would be so high that you would not be able to put on a boat race. Personally I feel that each driver should be required to have health or accident policy before he is allowed to race. Its just common sense in my opinion. Everbody should take it on themselves to know what the limits are in the insurance policy and plan accordingly. Some of these comments may seem harsh but its a tough world out there today. Art K

Comment

• raceright
                  raceright commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The confusion lies with using only one word INSURANCE. All insurance is broken down according to the highest risk v/s exposure. It is often with sports that the spectators need to be insured theas most racers misunderstand this. It has very little value for health coverage as the costs would be to much. Which is the same reason someone would avoid there own health coverage if not provided at the work place.
              Working...
              X