Racer School help...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer School help...?

The TORC club (Toronto) has held a Racer School for the last 2 years with some shared knowledge from the MHRA (Michigan) it's been great! This has been terrific for our club and I highly recommend all clubs do this once a year. We've put through 17 people I believe and if I recall right 5 of them have started racing. The School makes zero money when all said and done (costs club/club racers money), but it's about getting new people on the water and growing the sport and that's the payback. Until now we have been using borrowed racer outfits. Now through the generosity of racers we are setting up a dedicated 20SSH/CSH outfit with safety gear for the school and new racers to try (will still need to borrow outfits to supply students... but one step at time). A J/ASH is in the works too as more funds and trailer space permit.

The hulls we have have no hardware. We have a machinist who has offered to make any hardware we want and donate it. He's making transom handles, turn fin, fin bracket, transom pads, etc. Stuff he can make from pictures where dimensions are not critical. If we could find CAD models or just drawings of a steering hub, throttle, cable anchors, bar pulleys, coaming pulleys, or anything else, it would be a great help and really save us spending money on items which can then be spent on other needs for the school.

Must be a few people on here who have made their own and not in the business of selling it. Care to share?

Outside of that... if you have hardware you'd be interested in donating... let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew Fralick
    andrew4ce@gmail.com

Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Turn Fin -
    Two pieces of 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1/4'" thick aluminum angle makes a real strong Bracket. Sandwich the Turn Fin between angles and thru bolt to your Hydro. This Bracket will be as strong or more so as any on the market. It can all be made with a hack saw and a drill.

Transom Handles -
    Use Screen Door Handles, the formed steel ones.

Comment

Yes, he's making fin, bracket, and handles now... they are easy... we need drawings or models for throttle, steering hub, coaming pulleys, etc... the more complicated stuff.

And yes, we can buy stuff... but we have someone offering to supply material and make for free... they think it's a fun project. We can spend that money on other things then.
      Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 01-16-2015, 10:58 AM.
      Fralick Racing

Comment

You should be able to reverse engineer the steering hub.

Comment

Yes I can... but my hub is 4 hours away and mounted in my boat. If nothing turns up I'll take it out when at cottage next and give it to him to copy. Just figured someone might have something modeled/drawn.
          Fralick Racing

Comment

Working...
          X