Proposal I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal I

I've been out of racing for a while, but my contaminated brain still thinks about it from time to time. Here's today's lunch time brain fart for those that care to read. We all know that if you are within 2 mph, and you come out of the first turn first, you stand a pretty good chance of finishnig up front. We also know that unless you have some serious smoke, you are probably not going to come from beyond 3 rd place after the first turn to the front of the pack by the time the heat ends. You may also have noticed that over stock outboard racings evolution, competition has gotten less close and frankly less interesting to watch. Well, this may lead towards the cure.

extended course normal course
    buoys buoys

X X X
    turn 3 turn 2

turn 4 start turn 1
    X X X X

Proposal:

An additional set of buoys at the milling end of the course set up 30' beyond the turn

Purpose:

To tighten up competition, eliminate the finishing order train after the first turn, provide a more interesting event for spectators, entice sponsors

Procedure:

For every lap after the start, the leading boat must go around the extended course buoys

If there is any overlap at all between the first and second place boats, they must oth go around the extended course buoys

This does not apply to any other boats in the heat

Any discrepency regarding overlap is decided on by the turn boat judge, is communicated to the judge's stand during the heat and is final
    Jason

Alright, the diagram didn't work out in this opst, but you get the idea.
    Jason

Comment

Have you considered "Figure 8" racing?

Comment

I agree. Nothing better than tight racing and good battles where you have to put in strong consistant laps.

Comment

How about this.... Instead of there ever being a discrepency on the start do it like motocross All drivers must put a transponder sticker on there helmet. This will not only tell you if there are jumpers but give you lap times so you can see where you stand all info be put on a website for drivers to see.

Comment

Working...
          X