Okoume plywood source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okoume plywood source?

Need to stock up, and haven't been thrilled with our last few plywood orders... Anyone have good recommendations for Okoume plywood?

Homestead Hardwoods Vickery , Ohio .

=========================
    Tony L. Anderson
    tonylanderson@hotmail.com
    sigpic

Comment

Edensaw Woods out here in the NW - they ship: http://www.edensaw.com/MainSite/Stor...roductList/412
      (note: have to call if 2, 3, or 5mm available - have 4, 6mm and above)
      Believe Ric Montoya also has a stock of Lloyds certified Okoume in various thicknesses.
      Last edited by Shane_B; 12-29-2014, 12:34 PM. Reason: updated link to Edensaw's Okoume BS 1088 products

Comment

just heard this week from Steve @ Compton Lumber in Seattle that he got some really great wood that wont last long, he has been waiting on this shipment for over a year knowing Steve it is the best that is out there !

Comment

Be careful to get the stuff with a BS stamp on it without any voids. We had bad luck with plys that delaminated when using the cheap stuff.

Comment

The best source I've found is Merritt Marine in Florida. They stock the Brunzeel milled in Holland. It is a BS1088 insured by Lloyds, great plywood.

Comment

I bought from Homestead for my latest build. Only an hour away and great people to work with.
              Joe Silvestri
              CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
              JH/JR

Comment

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                Need to stock up, and haven't been thrilled with our last few plywood orders... Anyone have good recommendations for Okoume plywood?
                Try here they may beat Homestead with cost + ship + tax unless you are near Homestead and will pickup.

They have a warehouse in West Palm Beach Fl (I use it) and Windsor North Carolina

http://www.worldpanel.com/plywood-data1.pdf

contact

http://www.worldpanel.com/#!contact/c1d94
                "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Call and talk with Steve Compton at Compton Lumber (206) 623-5010.

http://comptonlbr.com

Comment

Originally posted by pav225 View Post

About time you start on my CSH. Remember, due date is 2018. With my $1 down payment, our contract is binding! I would put in a order for a JSH due 2021 as well, but the other half of the family seems to have production down a little better! Perhaps it's just the size of the boats that make the difference...
                    http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post

Try here they may beat Homestead with cost + ship + tax unless you are near Homestead and will pickup.

They have a warehouse in West Palm Beach Fl (I use it) and Windsor North Carolina

http://www.worldpanel.com/plywood-data1.pdf

contact

http://www.worldpanel.com/#!contact/c1d94

I suggest staying away from World Panel. They had a store in my area for a few years. While they are great people to work with, and they bent over backwards to make it right, they simply couldn't get a quality wood. They left my area closing the store. Unless things have changed, I highly reccomend you visit the store and handle the plywood before buying there. It was very hit and miss when I dealt with them. Like I said though, they made it right, and were great to work with, they simply did not have a good supplier for Okumme. They received most of it from China, instead of Greece. And yes, it was 1088 grade.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• ZUL8TR
                        ZUL8TR commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Dave

All that I bought from them was by my personal selection and pick up at West palm Beach store. So shipping out could be an issue. All the 3 and 6 I bought was good quality and it survived my own WBP testing. Also cutting up the sheets I never found a void. The 6mm was 1088 but the 3mm (they said was 1088) was the next lower standard # which has only 1 side perfect and the other with some very slight defects (not structural and no voids as well). I will still use them.

Does no one buy from Harbor Sales any more?

Comment

Originally posted by ProHydroRacer View Post
                        Does no one buy from Harbor Sales any more?

They have not carried Okumme since that big hurrican in FL wiped them out of inventory of all Marine Plywood. Been several years. Unless something has changed, and according to their website it hasn't, they don't stock it.

I get it from Noahs currently, but even that is about as hit and miss as anyone right now. Hard to get good Okuumme unles you go and inspect prior to buying. Even then you might go through a lot before finding good stuff.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just checked their website for Okumme and it was listed.

I get all my plywood from Noah's and have great luck with them for over 25 years now. They got a batch of the China stuff as well a while back. While it was stamped as1088 it wasn't 1088. They replaced the stuff for me with "real" stuff and it all worked out. Their shipping and packing has always been excellent as well.

Steve Roskowski

Comment

• Yellowjacket
                          Yellowjacket commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Steve, Northwest lumber here in Indy has Joubert Okoume, but they only carry 4 mm thickness. I think they bought a big pallet of it at one time and still have a good bit left. Price is not cheap, but it's reasonable, and it's good quality and thankfully it's local. Thicker stuff is hard to find here in the landlocked Midwest.

Thanks for all the good input! - Mike

Comment

• runabout333
                          runabout333 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          PAV 225,,, I sent you a PM... Davey Viola.
                      Working...
                      X