Clarksville,AR NBRA Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarksville,AR NBRA Race

Are there any specifics as to the location of the Clarksville race? Just curious where on the lake south of town the race will be held. Jack

The race will be on lake ludwig about 5 miles north of Clarksville, the city owns the lake.

=========================
    Tony L. Anderson
    tonylanderson@hotmail.com
    sigpic

Comment

Tony, it looks like a great place! Even has a protruding dock for the judges stand if that's what' you have in mind. Jack

Comment

the dock will be the judges stand Jack. the raers trailers will be parked on the east side of dock, and the spectator area will be on the west.
        Jeff

Comment

Sounds good Jeff. Place looks good . Thanks for the info. Jack

Comment

The sponsor is excited to put this event on, it's is an ideal size and some protection from the wind. My wife and I are driving over there to see it first hand tomorrow. I suggested we have a North-South Championship race, dividing the driver equal. You pick one class to score points. The points are tallied on Saturday. Winning team have their names and a charity put on the plaque. 8 percent of the tow money is used to buy the plaque and remainder of the funds go to the charity. Plaque is give the City of Clarksville where the chamber has its offices. It's a win-win and we could get this wonderful lake for years to come. This will be a ODA race.

Comment

I have been working with them, using some of the ideas that I have used to get the 3,500 spectators at Grove, Ok.

Comment

The Clarksville, Ar race will be conducted by the ODA and will be the "North South Championships". The drivers will be divided in two equal groups, they will pick their best class and after the Saturday race, the points will be totaled. The drivers will have their name engraved on a plaque that will be presented to the chamber for their work sponsoring the race. A Check for $500 will be donated to a local charity. The charity will be picked by the chamber. I have just return from Ludwig Lake and I was really impressed with the lake and facilities. On a scale of one to ten, it's a 10! Plan to be there on May 16-17.

Comment

Sounds like a nice event. It is nice to see such good local involvement. Hopefully i can make it and represent Yankee Country !
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• runabout333
                    runabout333 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Yankee drivers will probably be Steve Johnson in a "G" boat,, one of the Baze's or both in a "V" boat(s) and you,
                    an "M" driver in a "T" boat.. Should be a great race in E/// 44c.i. NBRA hydro.. I am assuming that Kevin Mcafee will
                    represent the Confederates in the same class...Not sure of the rest of the Confederates!!! Any way you look at it,,
                    will be a GREAT SHOW!!! And that's just one class!!!
                Working...
                X