Winter Nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Nats

What's the word on the Stock Winter Nationals? Mods included?
    http://vitalire.com/

Usually this is not determined until the national meeting in January.....It wont' be on the west coast though.
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

is there a region showing interest or will we have to just wait and see ?

Comment

It is R12's turn in the rotation I believe
        sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

FYI , from the SORC minutes posted on APBA's resource page:

Conant you are correct. According to past minutes and at the Chicago meeting in January 2012, the SORC awarded the 2015 WinterNationals to Bakersfield, CA. No date was mentioned. The 2013 minutes show that Mr Conant expressed interest in So Cal at either Bakersfield or Puddingstone, again no date mentioned. In the 2014 minutes Jeff again is shown as commenting that Puddingstone CA may bid for this but the location is still undetermined. No dates were talked about. **I did not review the Modified minutes to see if a location had been approved.

Jeff C., a lot of folks have asked me about the event so they can put in for time off, can you verify the location, date, and if So Cal will keep the event as awarded or if they will relinquish the bid? Thanks!
          444-B now 4-F
          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

It is important in my view for Region 12 to host the event. I think if SCOA could host the event quite a few region 10 people would make the trip down.

Comment

With Winternationals AND SO/J Western Divisionals both scheduled for R12 this year, sounds like a lot of driving ahead........any tentative dates yet?
              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Stupid question....is it possible to run both Winternationals and divisionals the same weekend? I would bet not.......just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
                  FYI , from the SORC minutes posted on APBA's resource page:

Conant you are correct. According to past minutes and at the Chicago meeting in January 2012, the SORC awarded the 2015 WinterNationals to Bakersfield, CA. No date was mentioned. The 2013 minutes show that Mr Conant expressed interest in So Cal at either Bakersfield or Puddingstone, again no date mentioned. In the 2014 minutes Jeff again is shown as commenting that Puddingstone CA may bid for this but the location is still undetermined. No dates were talked about. **I did not review the Modified minutes to see if a location had been approved.

Jeff C., a lot of folks have asked me about the event so they can put in for time off, can you verify the location, date, and if So Cal will keep the event as awarded or if they will relinquish the bid? Thanks!

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Dave- No you cannot do both at the same time.They would need to be different events.
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

No worries Kyle. Hopefully Jeff can chime in soon with R12's intentions so we can all make plans.
                    444-B now 4-F

Comment

Ya..I kind of figured they had to be different weekends.

Comment

Region 12 has the opportunity to host the 2015 Winter Nationals and Western Divisional's, and is currently in the "planning and negotiating phase". SCOA will be the hosting club. I will give you a brief overview of what SCOA has been working on to make these two events successful. Just be advised that the 2014 race season is still coming to an end, and club elections typically occur by Nov. All SCOA club members are excited and committed to hosting both events in 2015. SCOA's initial plans are to race at a new venue...Buena Vista Lake, CA. Bakersfield/Lake Ming is our back up venue due to projected costs vs Buena Vista. Buena Vista is managed by the State, and not Kern County like Lake Ming is. The new venue is less than 40miles Southwest of Bakersfield/Lake Ming. There is plenty of on-site camping and nearby lodging/restaurant's etc. SCOA is planning to host both events on the same weekend. This will make it easier for out of region participants to attend both events, by not having to travel twice to R12, or worse, choose 1 of the 2 events to attend. We feel what is best for SO racing and our club, is a combined event. Initial plans are to make this a combined SO-MOD-PRO-J event with possibly (1) inboard class (Crackerbox) participating. Stock classes with full fields would have priority scheduling for the weekend. The event is tentatively scheduled for Mar 13-15. Testing and Winter Nationals eliminations on Fri. Winter Nats finals Sat am, and then Elimination heats for Divisional's Sat afternoon. Finals for Divisional's would be on Sun, and hopefully finished up early Sunday for inspection/awards/travel. Again, this schedule is tentative and subject to revision depending on anticipated participation levels. Thanks, Jeff Conant R12 SO Commissioner
                        sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Thanks for the update Jeff!
                          444-B now 4-F

Comment

Working...
                          X